Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

another bad day! why dose this always happen to me!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Chaz88K5, Jul 11, 2001.

1. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

Ok well i was gettin all excited about holister this weekend....i just go everything done today, Shackle flip, front brake lines, sway bar disconnects, cut down drive shaft etc etc....well any way i took it for a drive to night to make sure i got all the bugs out that shoulent be there...well i am at a stop light and turns green and i hit the gas........and....the FRFEKIN tranny starts sliping like a bitch.....it is winding out every gear...if i punch it, it moves like i am driving like a grandpa...this pisses me off....this is my 3rd tranny thats in there right now since i have owned the truck....this one has made it longer than the rest tho...40500 miles on this one.....well here is my plan...call the dealer in the morn...i have a 36 month/50000 mile warranty on the thing so i am alright there... I am goin to try to get it in tommorow and have them drop a new one in....i really hope i can get it back by friday...or thursday night...anyone think i have a chance in hell of that happening??......why dose this always happen when i have been planning for this for so long??..if i dont get it done i am still goin to show up...even if it means driving the company POS s10 blazer....but i will be there!

Donations accepted for the "Build Chaz's 1972 K5 fund"!!!

2. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

I don't think so..... under warrenty........ they probably will have to order it they may have a new tranny on thursday.... my guess is tuesday......earliest.....

GOOD LUCK though........

C'moe

<font color=black>the blazer is "Back in Black"

3. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

well the local dealer almost always has them instock....they are almost like pace pontic...big warehouse full of trannys, motors etc etc..so i mgiht have a chance

4. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

And I thought stuff like that only happened to me........Dan

5. bandit

bandit 1/2 ton status

just dont drop it on your hand if you put it in [​IMG] trust me on this one

AJ
    Soon to wheelin spot near you
    Project Harvey[​IMG]

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

If you're going through trannys like Monica goes through blue dresses, there's a problem somewhere I sure would be looking for.

"I am Republican. Not a baby-killing, tree hugging, land grabbing, touchy feely, hypocrite wuss democrat!"

7. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

what kinda tranny is it, I got 127,000 out of my last TH350

8. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

its a 700r4....and yes i do drive it hard so its my own damn fault but damn couldent it have waited untill after holister befor it started screwin with me!