Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another bluebie 14FF ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by deothrwhtmt, Nov 10, 2002.

1. deothrwhtmt

deothrwhtmt Registered Member

What is the widest 14FF avail? And what can I pull one of of? Contemplating running Hummer wheels without the center mods. DRW D60s are easier to find than SRW also.

Lastly, will I need to drop my tcase after I install a 12" lift? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    *nudge* Fr8train *nudge* /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

Hummer wheels of any backspacing can be had by calling Daniel at USA 6x6 for $165.

You can find a duallie D60, and machine it down.

Lastly, the widest 14BFF availible is out of a van. they would be 3" wider, and match the front width. or you can get spacers.

I could comment more definitivly, but your profile is not filled out...

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

If you need a wider dually axle, locate and use the D70 dually rear out of fleetside K30's with duals. These D70's are wider than any 14FF available.

4. deothrwhtmt

deothrwhtmt Registered Member

Well dont plan on running any sort of mod. Hummer wheels. I dont want anything bad happening period. I have a Phd. in Murphys law. Filled out the profile though Zakk, thanks forgot to do it /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif. Wes, thanks for the advice. Are the D70 rears going to have the same ground clearance as the 14FF? Arent there a bunch of D70 versions out there? Which one do I want to go with? Also are disk brakes kits avail for them?

5. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

You can get a super-wide 14-bolt from a 93-up DRW van, 92-up DRW pickup (cab & chassis type is narrower) or 92-up DRW walk-in van.

I'd stick with the 14FF just for the cheap Detroit.