Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

another body bushing question

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rrent, Mar 27, 2003.

1. rrent

rrent 1/2 ton status

Greetings all, looks like this weekend is body bushing time. I have the basic concept down, replace old with new. Question is how did you guys, who've done this, jack your truck up to get the old out? Bottle jack on some sort of raised platform? Hi-lift with 2X4's? If so, where did you put the jack? thanks in advance

2. MJF

MJF 1/2 ton status

Here's what I did. Loosen all bolts, but don't remove them(tub may shift or damage something). Do one side at a time. I used a regular floor jack with some 4X4 & then a 2X6 to spread the weight a little. I jacked right on my rocker box since I was pretty sure it was solid & not rusty swiss cheese. You can get most of them this way. You may have to shift the jack forward or to the rear some. For the front one you may have to use two jacks, one on the rocker & one up front.

If you have rust, you may encounter problems since the body may flex & tweak the fenders or something else.

3. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I did it the same way. Had to move the radiator a bit to get the core support bushing.

4. rrent

rrent 1/2 ton status

I'm really rust free --should be no problems there ---- but don't know if my floor jack gets high enough --- sounds like I need to take a trip to Home Depot for more 2X4's or AutoZone for a new floor jack - or both /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

thanks