Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

another brake question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by poolcues, Oct 11, 2006.

1. poolcues

poolcues 1/2 ton status

i just completed an axle swap on an 87 v10 using axles from an 89 v25 burb. i swapped out the booster, MC and prop. valve (reset it by pushing in button). according to everything i've read my booster is bad 'cause the pedal is stiff as hell while running with the vacuum hose connected and disconnected. my brakes are weak and i'm using both feet for any stopping power. going to replace the booster and figured i'll replace the MC as well to be thorough. my question is would i benefit from using a MC for a p30 van. would it increase stopping power ,etc., etc. the truck has a 6" lift abnd 35's so i'm looking for better stopping power without an major amount of mods. i've done a few searches concerning this and found bits and pieces of info. however never found anything specific to my application. any advice and PN's is appreciated.

2. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

Lots of m/c info here.

3. poolcues

poolcues 1/2 ton status

definitely a lot of good info. leaves me wondering if the disc/drum version for the same vehicle would be better suited for my application than the disc/disc version.

4. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

I just did the 14ff and disc swap myself and left the stock mc. As of now, I have a soft pedal, but I haven't gone throught the front end yet. I also just discovered that my front dr. side hub is loose and the caliper mounting ear is cracked through, so that my have something to do with it too. Lots of guys are running their stock mc and booster with no problems. I have some work to do yet before I know if I need to change anything or not.