Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another Broken Bolt Question. %&$*#?#

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BigCountryx, Jul 15, 2005.

1. BigCountryx

BigCountryx 1/2 ton status

This Pic is looking at the knuckle on a D60 Bottom. I pulled the upper spring cap off and the bushing, spring and kingpin look good, but in the name of never having to deal with the dreaded Death wobble, I decided to rebuild the upper and lower. Good idea right, Wrong. I got to the 4th bolt and snap goes the head. The question is, This plate should come straight off, right? I was planning to pull it off then weld a lugnut to the remaining bolt, then extract it, but the damn Plate won't budge. Is there something that I'm overlooking here? I'm stumped.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2005
  2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

no it just pops in there and hold the bearing. no keepers. take drill and remove some of the bolt and it should come off. then heat it and grip it with vise grips and remove it. or take nut and set over it then weld it to the bolt. and remove it.

3. royjones

royjones Trucker upper Premium Member

Hello

Hay man i had to use a air chizel hammered all the way around the pc till i got it to move mine has a machine lip that fits kinda tight but once i got it lose i could take it apart no problem

4. original balzer

original balzer 1/2 ton status

looks as though you have tried a chisle i say give it a fairly good whack right above the broken bolt with a hammer looks to be rusted in there

balzer

5. Zeitler

Zeitler Registered Member

remove the kingpin itself first.. then you can remove the knuckle...and beat out that cap

i know your pain , i broke off 2 bolts aswell

Last edited: Jul 18, 2005
  6. BigCountryx

BigCountryx 1/2 ton status

had to sharpen up a chisel and use my air hammer to get it to seperate, but it's better now. Been soaking the bolt in PB Blaster. We'll see what a little heat will do later :D