Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another Cadillac Caliper Question...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Lance, Oct 16, 2002.

1. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

Does anybody know the kind of cable end that came originally on the '76 - '78 Cadillac? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I found someone locally to make me some, I just want to make sure I get them right. It looks to me like it came with a "ball end" stop. Anybody got an idea. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

79-85 had a ball end for sure, but I have YET to actually find a 76-78 setup that still has any of the rear disk stuff including cables, in place.

Have you called local parts places to see if they have any in stock to compare?

3. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

Yeah, but no luck. Tried the Caddy dealership too, no information from the them either. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Hovever both would be happy to special order the part for me, although there is no returns on special orders. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

4. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

Found out today they have a cylindrical end, approximately 3/8" in dimater and approximately 5/8" long. The emergency brake cable runs through the center of the cylinder and terminates at the opposite end. Just thought you might like to know.