Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another carb question.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stump_puller, Jul 12, 2004.

1. stump_puller

stump_puller 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gifI done a search and good some good directions to go. But here is my problem. I just got the 350 going I'm having problems dialing in the carb. It is a elebrock 1406(electric choke 600cfm). I put on aelectric choke conversion kit and I also put in the offroad needles. Now it idles alright but when I put it in gear it bogs down then dies. I adjusted the mixture screws to achieve the maximum rpm and the maximum vacume. But that still doesn't seem to help /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif.

You carb guys got any ideas? I would to get this thing up and running thats all I lack to get her on the road.

I hooked the vacume gauge on the drivers side port that was capped off. If this is correct do I need to block off the distrubtor advance hose(like checking the timming).

Thanks in advance,
    Don
    /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

You should hook up the guage to a manifold vacume port. Some of the ports on a carb dont give a true vacume reading.
    All other vacume lines should be either hooked up or plugged

3. stump_puller

stump_puller 1/2 ton status

I'll try that. thanks.