Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another cold!!--WTF!!!!! a long rant!--

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by diesel4me, Sep 13, 2005.

1. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I got a cold overnight!! AGAIN!!--just had 3 weeks of brochitis last month--now after dozing off in my shop last night for an hour,I woke up with a pisser sore throat and a super stiff neck! (Just like when I got bronchitis--its like "round 2" :mad: )..I'm getting sick of being sick!--it was 42 degrees here saturday night--yesterday it was 92!!..I probably have pneumonia this time.. Either that,or I got that EEE virus thats killed a 5 year old in the town next to mine,and an 80 year old guy from plymouth MA(14 miles away! :eek1: )--I might have to go to the ER and get looked at--one of the symptoms of EEE is flu like symptoms and a stiff neck--I have both,plus the sore throat.. :doah: :doah: :(

WTF is going on anyway??--I NEVER got sick in the summer my whole life,now this year I cant even go one month without feeling like I'm gonna die! HTF am I ever going to get and keep a job if I'm too sick to do anything all the time???..I'm going out of my F'n SKULL!!... :angry1: :angry1: :1zhelp:

I cant undserstand how I catch a cold in good weather--havent touched anyone else either!..almost feels like someone is spreading germs around or something up here!...(terroist with virusus??)..

Only other thing I can think of is something in my shop is making me sick--there MIGHT be some mice in there,I can smell a mouse nest kind of smell when its hot like it was yesterday,maybe I got that rodent borne virus that arizona had an outbreak of :eek1: )--..plus my bedroom is in the basement,and its always cool and damp in there too--great place to grow mold!--I try to eat right,and avoid places I know could make me ill,like libraries (And doctors offices and hospitals--best place on earth to catch something deadly.. :mad: )..

I really need to improve my living conditions--havent had a full 8 hrs of sleep as far back as I can remember,thanks to my sick parents keeping me awake all night for many years..now that I'm sick 90% of the time,all the chores I should be doing are left undone,cant even fix my own frigging junk..never mind all the other crap that needs to be done before winter..

Anyone out there have the same problem??--been sick more than healthy,even in good weather??.--more than usual??...

I dont know how much longer I can live this way..no money,no job,too sick to work,and I'm not disabled enough for SSI or other disability,and living at home with my sick mother (might be where I keep getting the colds from too--she's constanly sneezing and coughing)..makes me ineligible for welfare..I feel like ending it all when I feel sick all the time..rather be dead than feel this way all the time.. :frown1: :frown1:
    Maybe its time go get a big bottle of whiskey or something,and drink until I'm better--or it kills me..better than being sick all the time... :frown1: :dunno: :1zhelp: :surepal:

2. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

sure it aint just bad allergies? Ill have random fits of em during the summer, though its usually spring and fall that kill me.....speaking of which, almost time to start takin my allegra again :rolleyes:

3. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear about that man - I hate being sick...

I've found that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure..... I'm very anal about touching any public surface. I have hand sanitizer with me all the time and use it, and wash my hands easilly 10 times a day. And when I do that I make sure that I don't touch any surface in the bathroom if it's a public bathroom. If I don't have access to a way to clean my hands (such as after touching the cart at the grocery store) I'm very concious about rubbing my nose or my eyes. In the winter months I use saline nasal spray (like simply saline, or Ocean) every morning.

I know it sounds almost obsessive compulsive (maybe it is) but I don't care - I've only been sick with a cold once in the last 3 years.

Good luck man - I hope your health improves.

4. diesel4me

Might be..

I was told I had bronchitis last month,and got antibiotics for it--took 3 weeks before I finally felt somewhat better--at least all the crap in my lungs finally cleared out!..it started out exactly the same as todays "cold" did--but I had congestion in my lungs prior to the sore throat and runny nose last month--so maybe its an allergy this time..if it is,and I find out what it is I'm allergic too,you can bet I'm going to get rid of it pronto!..hope its not my cats I'm allergic too!--never was before,so I dont see why I should be now!..

I feel bad for anyone that has allergies,if this is what their life is like!--I guess I'll have to see a doctor again,just in case it is something more serious like that "triple E" virus that going around here(which is always fatal :yikes: )- :frown1: ....I've been bitten by misquitoes quite a few times this summer,and that virus is in my area--that 5 year that died lives about 8-10 miles away--now a 3 month old from Plymouth MA 15 miles away has it too,according to the 6 o clock news! :eek1:

I always do the same thing in public areas--if i have to use a public bathroom,I use my foot to flush!--and I try not to have to take a crap anyplace but home too!(I put toilet paper on the seat if i must use the pooper)..and if I shake someones hand,like you said,I have to remind myself not to rub my eyes!..with all the little kids with runny noses touching everything in stores,etc,its a wonder we all aren't sick constantly.

My friend was a janitor in an elementary school,and he ALWAYS had a cold or flu it seemed--and he DIED when he was only 36 from heart valve failure--I always wondered if being sick all the time is what caused his heart problems.. :(

I can only imagine the diseases down in the gulf areas hit by Katrina,especially New Orleans with all the sewage in the flood waters..glad I'm not there...I'm having a hard enough time staying alive here!.. :doah: :crazy:

5. BrianDamage

BrianDamage 1/2 ton status

do you smoke ?

That'll do it.

Especially if you're smoking that left-handed brand :wink1: (i'm thinking it's not the actual stuff you are smoking, but the fact that you are usually sharing it with other folks who might be a little sick)

I used to get bronchitus twice a year, until I gave those up

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I'm with K20, I get allergies in the spring and fall now. This year has been especially bad, first time I actually went to a doctor to see what's up.

I also get some weird throat infection when the seasons change. It was near-crippling when I smoked a pack+ a day, now I just shrug it off. So if you do smoke, I highly recommend you quit and eek a little more enjoyment out of breathing...
    I felt something coming on yesterday morning, but I think I've fought it off by now.

If you can, try eating a little healthier. I've been eating healthier (somewhat) for the past few months, and I noticed I was able to brush off the infection much faster than usual...

7. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

Good to hear that you're germaphobic in public places

You can get a blood screening done on allergies. My sister gets a bad cough when she's around her cats, and she's developed this pretty recently.

It couldn't hurt to have them check to see if you're alergic to something

Good luck

Mike

8. diesel4me

I dont smoke anymore..

I quit ciggarettes in 2000 when my mom was diagnosed with emphasema!--sinceI could no longer smoke in the house,and only smoked about 6 cigs a day,I didn't have too hard a time quitting cold turkey..I USED to smoke the wacky terbaky,but seldom do anymore--I never liked sharing everyone's germs ,passing a joint around...good way to catch all kinds of diseases,not just colds either! :yikes: ..I didn't even like taking a swig of whiskey from someone elses bottle!--but at least the alcohol semi-sterilizes any germs..

I'm going to call for a doctor appointment in a few minites--probably wont get one till tommorrow,its always crowded here at the doctors and hospitals..feels exactly like last month when I had bronchitis,except I have a real stiff sore neck and back --sore throat is gone,probably post-nasal drip that caused that..

I'm not dicking around this time,I waited 4 days before getting antibiotics the last time--and I passed on a blood test,maybe I should get one this time,just to see if it IS allergies,or worse,that EEE virus :eek1: or Lyme Disease..I have found a few ticks on me this summer,but big wood ticks,not the small "deer ticks"--but we have plenty of deer in my backyard,and mice too--and those ticks are so teeny they are hardly visible..

I just cant believe how quick this came on--I was fine sunday all day!..but I did doze off in my shop watching TV saturday and sunday night--and sunday when I awoke to come in is when I first noticed the sore throat coming on,and said Ah,sh**--NOT AGAIN.. :doah:

Thanks for all your concern!--Its good to know others have symptoms similar to mine with allergies..this feels more like the flu or bronchitis to me though,since I ache so bad in my neck and back..sucks getting older--seems like you get sick more often,and it takes longer to recover,and its easier to GET sick in the first place.. :doah: ...AARRGHH! :frown1: