Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another Concrete Question, Uses?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Feb 6, 2004.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

What's some of your uses for concrete?

I find hiding the bodies in it works real well.................................

/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

2. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Ever heard of a concrete boat? Actually they are called ferral cement. They exsist and they work very well... Then there are concrete loafers. For those you love the least. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Well I've always been fond of 10 yard drum shaped planters.

That's what they did with my drum after the wreck.

I have several 3" dia. 10" tall paper weights. Those are cool I guess.

4. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

boy all this concrete talk brings back memories..

i used to restore mixers, barrel changes, etc... always an interesting day when you had to recover one out of a basement.. the big question always was, "how olds the barrel?" if it was old and worn you didn't sweat it much, but if it was fresh, you better find a way to get that crete out!

they had me jackhammer 7 yards out of a barrel when i first started there. worst job in the world, told em they couldn't pay me enough to do that again...

5. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Ever heard of a concrete boat?

[/ QUOTE ] Yeah, They are pretty common up here around Humboldt Bay crab fisherman use them.

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    What's some of your uses for concrete?

I find hiding the bodies in it works real well.................................

/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Get real, a hog feed grinder gets rid of the bodys real nicely, drop em in with some feed, and give em to the hogs. Only thing they don't eat is the teeth. And don't ask me how I know about this, but remember, I still have friends that would be consittered as not very nice people. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

7. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Concrete is a very good birth control device.
    Just pour it in..... It forms an impeneratable barrier.

8. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Why go through the hassle?just burry em somewhere,add some coffe grounds to cover up the smell,and whala.I remeber plowing the feilds on our ranch,way,way down south,we discovered 3 bodeis total. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

9. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

haha reminds me of that post from probably 2 yrs ago now, about liquifying a body.

10. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Being the junk collector I am, I always wind up taking people's old broken up concrete chunks from old driveways or sidewalks.

I make campfire pits out of them, filled in holes, used them for blocking, and still have a bunch of pieces laying around here and there that often get grabbed and used for wheel chalks.

11. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

When I got into my new (to me) truck last year, I had to spend two days chipping out the drum. Wish I had some pics of that.
    That was all kinds of fun. Luckly for us it was cloudy and raining those two days, otherwise I don't think I could have stood the heat inside that drum. I guess OSHA requires two guys inside at all times and one of you better have the keys to the truck!
    We didn't pull the access ports, we just climed in and out the end of the drum, the first time I climed out I slipped and went down the cutes right into the pile of concrete from the last truck cleaning out.
    All told I think we pulled about two yards out of that drum, but a couple months later I rolled the truck and wasted my nice clean drum. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

I'd do it again, as long as it isn't too bad.

12. ryoken

hehe, it's rare that i run into someone else who's been inside a mixer barrel /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

that 7 yd gig sucked because you have to wear every protective item, double ear plugs, etc and when ya started there wasn't much room. just crouched, running the 90 lber... and yes, it was like 90 out in the summer /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

speaking of, we had a guy that would climb in the barrels of the trucks being restoed in our shop on saturday and snooze... so the one day i come in and asked where he was, and got the nod he was in the barrel. couple good raps with a BMF ballpeen had him scramblin out in a hurry... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

dangerous place tho, nearly got killed there a couple times. we had a guy die while i worked there (fell in the rockcrusher at the quarry, yuck!). and had another lose his arm in the back of a barrel..

13. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Yeah, you have to be carefull in the drum, those fins get razor sharp!
    I know I cut myself up good a few times in there. If I wasn't wearing steel toe boots I would have broken my toes a few times too. Working at about hip level with the hammer but the vibration would cause a chunk to fall from the top. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif
    Smashed my boots a few times, cut the air line like that twice and the power cord to the light once.

Where I worked there was one guy who would help with all the drums, but the driver was always the other guy in there.
    I didn't have a passenger seat so I had the floor set up over there so I could snooze. Worked well when we had long waits at the plant for late pours.

Speaking of guys getting killed at work, we had a couple prior to my starting there that got killed in roll overs. The bridgemaster on the rear of a couple trucks had it's stabilizers go bad and throw the truck in a turn and threw the drivers out of the truck.

14. ryoken

what kind of trucks do you guys run?

i used to do full sheetmetal replacements on Autocars and Macks. the Macks sucked, real pain the ass, rotboxs with a billion spotwelds.. but then again thats 20 yr ago...

i always cringe when i see the newer front-pours. they kinda look silly to an oldschooler like me, i'm used to the standard rear-pours. tho i bet the fronts are a much better design and easier to operate..

15. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

We have a fleet of around 25 Sterlings (Fords) L-line 111 inch BBC rigs.
    The bodies are built by Kimble. KMC
    We have 1 Mack Granite in fleet now, and there are 11 trucks on order right now, not sure if thery are the Macks or Sterlings, most likely Sterlings though.
    I've run the McNeilus front discharge trucks before, didn't like it one bit.
    I'd rather stick with the rear discharge units, takes more skill to run and they haul better too.
    Here's a link to my Imagestation mskrastins in Imagestation
    Another of my pic pages Work photos
    This is my old mixer before I rolled it.
    [​IMG]

16. 99firehawk

99firehawk 1/2 ton status

"Get real, a hog feed grinder gets rid of the bodys real nicely, drop em in with some feed, and give em to the hogs. Only thing they don't eat is the teeth. And don't ask me how I know about this, but remember, I still have friends that would be consittered as not very nice people. "

If your frezze the body you can run it threw a wood chipper into a lake, Makes for some tastey walleye /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

17. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    "Get real, a hog feed grinder gets rid of the bodys real nicely, drop em in with some feed, and give em to the hogs. Only thing they don't eat is the teeth. And don't ask me how I know about this, but remember, I still have friends that would be consittered as not very nice people. "

If your frezze the body you can run it threw a wood chipper into a lake, Makes for some tastey walleye /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]I'll have too remember that.