Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another Crossover question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MTBLAZER89, Jan 8, 2004.

1. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I really am starting to need this upgrade, but don't have a 60 yet and don't know when I'll get one. My question is if I do this on my 10b what will transfer over when/if I get a 60? Also if I do this to my 10b I will prolly also be adding hydro assist. Is swapping over hydro just new tab on the axle right? Anything else need to be changed?
    Thanks

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

on the cross over the steering box, pitman arm, and possiblly the draglink. the things that will not is the steering arm and the knuckle.

no sure about the hydro assist

3. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

You can re-use your TRE's your 2wd box and pitman arm, your lines and you ram. (need new tabs for ram)
    You will need a new tie-rod, steering arm and possibly draglink depending on your exact lenghts

4. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Not to hi-jack but while we're on crossover steering, I dont want to start yet ANOTHER thread.

When installing with the ORD RH steering arm, do i have to use studs? or can I use the bolts originally holding on the spring cap to hold the steering arm on??

what is involved with taking out/installing studs? I havent gotten a chance to look since its 1am and I just read this part on the ord site.