Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another cutie spotted

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Apr 1, 2004.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

In an insurance company building where most employees seem to be middle aged women at 250lbs or larger, I spotted someone out of the ordinary. An early 20's looking girl working in her cubicle. Very cute from what I could tell. I tried not to make eye contact cause I figured she'd get creeped out if she thought the janitor (me) was checking her out.

Usually you can tell something about each person cause they have pictures or personal stuff/decorations in their cubicles. But not a thing in hers except work papers.

If only she knew I was more than "the janitor".

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Get an old army jacket, start doing lots of pushups, get a mohawk and then some aviator sunglasses

Now the next part is a bit hard....

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

TALK to her!!!!!

4. civicstomper

civicstomper 1/2 ton status

You'll never impress her if you call yourself a janitor, do what I did when I had that job, become a "Custodial Engineer" /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif, I dont know any girl that wouldn't allow a certified C.E. into her cubicle /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gifwell anyways Good luck

-pete /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

5. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

6. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Dude, why do you post about all these chicks, yet never do anything about it? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

7. mountainexplorer

Thats a good question. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

8. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    TALK to her!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

unfortunetly america is hinged on outside appearances such as position(the janitor). Although she may want to talk, she may be apprehensive based on what her co-workers would think. You can say that well if she is that way then she is no good. But that is not the case. People are infuenced. We all are. A simple good morning or afternoon would suffice for now. Let her lead from there. If she give you a friendly greeting, then in a couple of days, greet her again. Remember to greet others around her so she doesn't feel threatened. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif You'll know by her responses whether to go further in conversation.

9. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    You'll never impress her if you call yourself a janitor, do what I did when I had that job, become a "Custodial Engineer" /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif, I dont know any girl that wouldn't allow a certified C.E. into her cubicle /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gifwell anyways Good luck

-pete /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, its all on what you call yourself. If you refer to the janitor, people picture the old goofy hunchback that was the janitor at their school when they were a child. But when you say "i am a custodial engineer", it changes. They usually dont know what that is, but it has engineer in it, and that sounds important.

So, just talk to her, and introduce yourself as the "custodial engineer".

10. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I don't know, maybe he should intro himself as a janitor and see if she digs him anyway. If she hooks up with him as a janitor, she'll probably stick with him through thick and thin. Weeds out the money grubbers if you are up front about who you are.

11. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

If she likes janitors, maybe she's into dirty sex?

12. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Never quite thought of it like that, but it makes very logical sense. Is it bad that its logical to me?!?

Kris

13. FWP

FWP CRS

Dude, if a woman doesn't like what you do for living, that's her problem, not yours. But you would never know what she thinks unless you said hello, now would you? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

14. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Dude, if a woman doesn't like what you do for living, that's her problem, not yours. But you would never know what she thinks unless you said hello, now would you? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly!!

Talk to her and hit it!

15. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

show her your broomstick /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

16. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Hell yeah, you gotta tap dat ass! /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

17. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Landsmasher, the dirty old man.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    Grant

18. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

[ QUOTE ]
    In an insurance company building where most employees seem to be middle aged women at 250lbs or larger, I spotted someone out of the ordinary. An early 20's looking girl working in her cubicle. Very cute from what I could tell. I tried not to make eye contact cause I figured she'd get creeped out if she thought the janitor (me) was checking her out.

Usually you can tell something about each person cause they have pictures or personal stuff/decorations in their cubicles. But not a thing in hers except work papers.

If only she knew I was more than "the janitor".

[/ QUOTE ]

when I worked for my neighbor, "he runs a cleaning bis"

I met a 21 year old working at a account, she talked a flirted for a couple months, then she asked me to hang out one weekend at he ants home in Glendale on a lake...

lets just say I really enjoyed alot more than just the boat, we still talk once in a while but she lives far /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

Now I own my own commercial cleaning business, and doing ok with it. If you have any interest in your job at all or even like it just a bit you should look into starting your own. I got lucky because I already had my foot in the door thanks to a lady across the steet.

Now I love what I do, I am no longer a janiter, simply a cleaner /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

also if you have a hard time getting your foot in the door there are a lot of franchises that secure your accounts for you, they take some money of coarse..but it will get you started /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

19. mountainexplorer

Well, my mom owns her own cleaning franchise, and I am working for her (more like helping her out) for now. Someday I'll start my own truck/4x4 related business.

20. T-ROY

T-ROY 1/2 ton status

You seem to be missing the whole point of being human. It is not the "Hook Up"! True, people base their first impressions on outer trappings, job, car, money, etc. but the whole idea is to get beyond that. What you should do, IMHO, is find a common link. Search for it, involve yourself in conversation, TALK to her. Quit playing "what if" and take a chance. We notice hundreds of people every day. The ones that make an impression are the ones that take a chance and get noticed. I spent my teens and twenties as a chubby nerd that was too afraid of people to take any risks. I finally realized that I am just as cool as any body else. I pondered the age old question "Why do chicks always go for the a$$holes?" Answer: Those guys will take a risk and play their cards. Don't worry about rejection, don't worry about wether or not she likes you. Start a conversation and find some common ground. Unless you're willing to put it on the table, she (Or any other woman) will not have a clue who you are or why she should waste her time getting to know you. Make it worth her while. I would start things off by walking up to her cube and laying a single yellow rose on her desk. Don't say a word. When she asks what that is for, simply say "Just wanted to start a conversation." If nothing else, you will have broken the ice. Do it discreetly, so that she's not embarrassed. Right now, you have absolutely nothing to lose...Relax /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif
    By the way, I'm now 36 years old with a beautiful wife that I don't deserve and two sons that I love very much. If you know me at all, my family is usually the first thing I talk to people about.
    T-roy