Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

another d 60 post

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 79k20350, Feb 1, 2006.

1. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Ok putting the axle back together and have a few questions.
    1. i got the pass side knuckle, spindle and caliper mount on, w/ an ord crossover arm. when its fully assembled its very hard to turn. its smooth, just takes alot to turn it. i figure this is because of the new spring, (which i shimmed with an extra spring cup) bushing, bearing etc. is it normal to be this hard?
    2. My disc backing plates are in crappy condition (the thin sheetmetal ones) should i bother getting new ones or no?
    3. I threw my old thin sheetmetal cup out thinking id get a new one with the rebuild kit, ord removed em so they could fit wheel bearings in the same package. anyone got an extra one? ill cover shipping.:D
    Thanks guys

2. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

With my bushings shimmed and with crossover installed it was hard to move both knuckles. I threw away my dust covers and just run the caliper bracket. What sheetmetal cup are you refering to. If it is the stamped kingpin cover I have one as I left the stock steering arm on the drivers side knuckle.

Ira

3. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

yeah the little stamped kingpin cover. i figured it would be hard to turn, i just wanted to make sure. shoot me a pm and ill get you my address a lil $ for your troubles.

4. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

if anyone else has a cover id be interested, sandawg cant get it to me for over a week. thanks guys. (also for all the mods- sorry to ask for parts in the garage, the original purpose of the post wasnt for that. ill post up an add in the wanted section)