Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

another darn cop story!!! rant!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BranndonC, Jan 6, 2003.

1. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

ok, so dec 30th my bro calls me and says "i'm going to vegas to get married on the 1st, so i say i'll go with him. so we get up at 5:30 am on the 1st and leave at 7:30.... so we drive the whole way and as we enter las vegas..... i get pulled over and get a ticket for doing 75 in a 65..... Damn cop, should have written me up for the 96 that he really clocked me at!!!! hahaha, He told my brother" i'll write you up for 75, but since your brother was leading, he'll get a $400 ticket... man was he bummed/pissed for me... but all in all, we got treated decently and no problem with this cop (the motorcycle ones are supposed to be mean too), he just told me he clocked me at 96 and asked for liscence and registration, brought it back to me later with the ticket and was kind enough to explain what i need to do next. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif (only a $95 ticket for going 31 over!!!) /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

That will make your insurance company happy.

John

3. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

oh yeah, i hadn't thought about that /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Sounds like someone might be going to driving school soon... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

ok, being my 1st ticket i'm ignorant... what do i have to do if i live in Cali and get a ticket in Nevada? Driving school, notify my insurance, what else?

6. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I dunno how that works in another state. If it was here you said you blew it to the court and will take driving school, usually you have to pay the fine and go to school. It's none too cheap, but better then having it on your record for 3 years...

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Pay the ticket, and get a good rador detector.

8. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    and get a good rador detector

[/ QUOTE ]

They just let you know your getting pulled over for a ticket...

9. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

but all in all, we got treated decently and no problem with this cop

[/ QUOTE ] Well I am glad to hear that someone finally admits that they were trated decent by a cop. It sounds like the guy gave you a break. The only post's that I see anymore are about "I was singled out by THE MAN and harrassed for something I did not do.....well OK, I did it but the cop was a dick%$#*" Anyway........................Do NOT report the ticket to your insurance company /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif. (Unless required by your state) Why voluteer information /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif. If they find it on their own and raise your rates..........Oh Well /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif. Our monthly rates pay the salary of some guy to look things like that up. Let the guy find it on his own. Just a thought. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

we were heading to tahoe to get married a few years back, and i got stopped for around 90-100. i told the cop where i was going, and why.
    he went back to our friends' car, and asked them why we were going to tahoe, and they said to get married.
    so he let me go with a warning and a 'good luck'.
    sweeeet.

11. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

Consider yourself lucky! 20+ over in Michigan could of got you in jail for reckless driving /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

12. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i know i'm lucky! also if i do take driving school and get it off my record, can i legaly say no to a cop when he asks my if i have any tickets? if not, what's the point?

13. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I got a ticket in Medford, Oregon once. Since I dont live there, there was no way I could fight it wich I felt that I should. So I sent in a check with a letter of how I saw the situation and no reply, no check cashed, and no bench waarent (I checked). Seems they believed me. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

14. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

I don't think your insurance will go up, only if you'd gotten the ticket in the state you live in. Ive had numerous tickets from out of state and they only find out about the ones instate.

15. ABO

ABO Registered Member

I would try calling the state police or DOT and asking about the ticket. I got pulled over for doing 90 in a 70 in N.C. They gave me a mandatory court date. I had to hire a lawyer and it cost me $350 for a $150 ticket /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    I contacted my DOT and found out that if my licence got suspended in NC it would also in PA. I ended up getting some points down there but they didn't transfer up here. Just goes to show, you can never be too cautious. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

16. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

I contacted my DOT and found out that if my licence got suspended in NC it would also in PA.

[/ QUOTE ] Most staes are part of NRVC (Non Resident Violator Compact) that means that if you get a ticket in Utah and do not pay the ticket........Colorado can suspend your license. Look on the top of your citation and see if your state is a member. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif [​IMG] /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

17. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

I dont know how it is out there, but here in TX you can only get a ticket dismissed with DD if it's under 25 mph.

18. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

From what I understand, Freak is right. UNDER 25 MPH which I assume means 24 MPH or below. WWHHHEEEEWWWWWW!!!! When I got my ticket, I was goin 23 MPH over /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif. Learned my lesson though...only speed in the country now /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

i wouldent worry about it...Az and CA are the only ones that share info with each other...pay the ticket and dont worry about it

20. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

For the most part, yes, but I have saved more than the cost of my detector with a little early warning. Even the laser detector saved me once and for the most part they're only good for letting you know you'd better pull over.