Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another diesel question--switch on engine block??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by diesel4me, Aug 12, 2003.

1. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

My 82 K20 with a diesel,either 6.2 or 6.5,havent figured out which yet,cant find any ## but I am nearly certain its a 6.2,it was a boneyard replacement motor.The switch for the cold advance device on the injector pump--is it located on the passenger side rear top of the engine??.I followed the wires and they are plugged into a switch on the passenger side of the block near the exhaust manifold flange---but the other switch I mentioned near the right rear of the intake is unplugged and there is no "leftover" wires that might go to it--are the wires plugged on the right switch??.I'm guessing the motor is a different year and has an "extra" switch my 82 doesnt have.I'd like to be sure the wires are plugged into the correct switch,the plug looks like it would work on either one,and will reach both--its got me stumped--oil pressure and temp gauge work ok,so what is that switch /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gifanyone know /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan 1/2 ton status

IIRC the cold advance switch is in the passenger side cylinder head. Above the exhaust manifold by the fire wall. The switch by the intake manifold I believe is for a TH700R4 application.

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Ok--Thanks for the info! My truck has a turbo 400,so I guess I wont lose any sleep over that "leftover"switch!. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifNow if can only figure out the dual gas tank switch wiring thats been butchered,so my gas gauge will work!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif