Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

another door question?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rh88k5, Oct 24, 2002.

1. rh88k5

rh88k5 Registered Member

Last night I posted about having to slam the doors to close, but now I see why, the door seems to hit the seatbelt engage button in the door jamb and bounces alittle unless I push in solidly on the handle. Any cure for this? And no, I'm not taking out my belts /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

All that button does is engage the mechanism in the seat belt retractor that lets the belt get slack in it when the door is closed. When you open the door, it releases, so the belt can retract. I took a pair of side cutters to that button on my '77 and removed it. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif That way the belt stayed more snug all the time. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. COLLISION

COLLISION 1/2 ton status

Remove and clean the door latch mechanism, loosen the striker and move it out on the door post approx 1/8-1/4".
    I have an 88 set up the same as yours, Do this and it will help. You still have to slam the door a little harder, it's a heavy unit. Were not driving Cadillacs /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif