Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another Doubler ???

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by ZonkRat, Feb 13, 2003.

1. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

I've got a Gertrag 5spd,241.Already have 203 rangebox and Ford 205 for doubler.Going into 88SWB with D60 SFA.What adapters do I need???? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

By what i read at ORD site I don't need any adapters?Guess I'll do like usual and drag out the welder and a bunch of parts and start seeing what will fit.Couldn't even find prices for just adapters in there.That's the way it usually goes /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

3. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Give 'em a call. Stephen's easy to talk to.

4. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

At this time I'm trying to see what it'll cost.Want to go with 100+ crawl and like doubler options.Can get 465 to fit mine and gets 73-1.Didnt't want to lose OD.the way gas prices are going.I guess I'm just cheap,Did own SFA swap for bout $1800 and $1400 of that was for D60.Thanks,was in bad mood when made other comment. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

couldn't get an SM465 to fit? My buddy put a 465 in his 91 swb pickup. direct bolt in replacement of the stock 5 speed.

6. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Oh I get it. I dont know if anybody's tried that setup yet. I know you can do a 700r4 to a 203. I bet Stephan could figure it out. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

My tranny is the Gertrag 5spd,241 T-case.The case came off a 465,thats the one I can get.Don't want to loose OD.With 38s it wouldn't matter much,but,I usually run smaller tires on long road trips,Swampers cost to much to wear out on road.Gearing is fine for 80% of wheeling I do,but,have to slip clutch more than I like on good trails{Tellico}.Thats why I want doubler.The setup should be same as late model 465.I already have 203 range box and Ford 205,just need adapters.The only prices I've found are for whole setup and I'm to cheap to spend that much when I've already got most ov parts. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

OK, starting at the front:
    I'm assuming you have a 32 spline input in your 241 now, if not some of this won't work.
    You'll re-drill the front face of a 32 spline NP203 to mate to the adapter that's currently bolted to the 241. Basically the 203 directly replaces the NP241.
    From there, you just need our adapter which in the hybrid version is $760.00, and any ford married 205.

If you don't have a 32 spline 203, we have input gears for the 203 to make it 32 spline. The inputs on all 203's use the same bearing so there are no case mods.

9. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

Thanks a lot.Thats about what I hoped to hear.I have all parts but adapter.Just have to start saving some money.Like I said sorry bout earlier post,didn't mean to sound the way it did.I didn't realize how it sounded till I reread it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif