Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

another ebay distaster

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Fry, Oct 1, 2003.

1. Fry

Fry 1/2 ton status

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: another ebay disaster

hey now i take offense to that thats what i had planed for my blazer /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif ya right /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

Re: another ebay disaster

bling bling BANG! as one signature read, chrome won't get you home, pretty boy /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

5. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

come on guys... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gifif you had the bucks your trucks would have chrome all over them... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

6. Fry

Fry 1/2 ton status

I just seen that, so you can watch your 10bolt blow [​IMG]
    He was hiding some more chrome shock on top of his leaf springs /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif [​IMG]

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

actually my friend was saying that Petersons tested it and that cover is very strong. But it gives instead of bending and such and then pops back out. So it would contact the ring gear. I wanted one for my 10 bolt cause it leaked fluid and I could check the level easy /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. Makes sense $150 for a cover to check the level vs $2 for a new seal

8. Fry

Fry 1/2 ton status

I wasn't insinuating that the covers were weak, I seen the test and they seemed to hold up alright, it seems to be a neat idea.
    I was refering to the 10bolt/44" combo /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    come on guys... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gifif you had the bucks your trucks would have chrome all over them... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[/ QUOTE ] I'd powdercoat my truck if I had the money. Make it easy to wipe mud off. I sent this ebay ad to the scary steering guy.

10. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    I know how much you guys like chromed out 10 bolt posers

[/ QUOTE ]

actually i do like them, /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
    does that mean i would own one, no /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

but i can go to a show or talk to the guy that built it and understand the passion he has for building HIS truck the way he wants, i can see the labor of love he put into his truck getting it the way he wants it, just as i have done to mine getting it the way i want it

all these posts about everyone making fun of someone elses dream is really getting to me, it just shows how ignorant and narrow-minded we as wheelers have become, instead of embracing the fact the it would be a boring place if we all drove blue 4 inch lifted trucks on 33 inch m/t's and celebrating the fact that there are many and diverse outlets in the four wheeling community

11. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I want a long bed with like 12" of all spring lift and 44 boggers. I would take it to mud bogs but it would be more for driving around town looks. Of course I would build it on a 14 bolt D60 combo, I like to see built for functional even if they don't use it. I don't mind a rig that can do stuff but they choose not to do it to preserve the paint and all. Thats cool you spent a lot of time on it and its what you want to do. 10 bolts and big tires of course isn't my cup of tea.

12. Fry

Fry 1/2 ton status

to each his own. I respect anybody who puts time into making thier vehicle the way it is but doesn't mean I have to like the vehicle. For example ricers, I respect that the kids customize and are passionate about that but I hate ricers and make fun of them all the time.

13. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    all these posts about everyone making fun of someone elses dream is really getting to me

[/ QUOTE ]
    I spend a lot of time on my rig and like things to look nice, I know how much work and effort things take...as far as a show truck I'm sure this one is up there and the guy who built it will stand by it and be showing it off big time... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. 3car

3car 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but i can go to a show or talk to the guy that built it and understand the passion he has for building HIS truck the way he wants, i can see the labor of love he put into his truck getting it the way he wants it, just as i have done to mine getting it the way i want it

all these posts about everyone making fun of someone elses dream is really getting to me, it just shows how ignorant and narrow-minded we as wheelers have become, instead of embracing the fact the it would be a boring place if we all drove blue 4 inch lifted trucks on 33 inch m/t's and celebrating the fact that there are many and diverse outlets in the four wheeling community

[/ QUOTE ]

well put,jeff.

15. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said Jeffy! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif The way I see it, "different strokes for different folks!" /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Good Point , but the steering is kinda scary and chromed springs???? doesn't that make them Brittle?? Hydrogen embrittlement ???? I think that's what happens when you chrome something /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

17. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

well i think its a nice looking truck. Wich is what hes going for, the add said it its a show truck. Would i drive it, no but i can see its somebodys pride and joy.

18. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

look at it this way... atleast guys with chomed 10-bolt + 44 bogger show trucks arent out there buying up every D60 front axle ever made... right? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

19. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    look at it this way... atleast guys with chomed 10-bolt + 44 bogger show trucks arent out there buying up every D60 front axle ever made... right? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

[/ QUOTE ]
    Now how would that be /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif...that would hurt... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

20. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

why show something that doesn't work? At the car shows I have gone to you do not see a chevelle ss with a 454bbc, dual 4bbl carbs and a blower sitting on an open 10 bolt rear. It will have a posi locked 12 bolt or ford 9". Sure it has a lot of shine but any schmuck can bolt a ton of chrome onto a rig if he has the money and call it a show truck. I do not expect to see these trucks at moab but if they cannot perform as a true 4x4 ie. have a front driveshaft and a differential stronger than what you would find under a sportage, than they do not belong there and the work consists of little more than window dressing.

You can take a turd and call it an ice cream scoop but at the end of the day it is still a stinky old turd.