Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

another ebay rocket scientist

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dodgedude99, Nov 6, 2005.

1. dodgedude99

dodgedude99 1/2 ton status

2. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

i guess cause of there width those new 10 bolts are in some demand. the dealer prolly wants 2 times that much so if someone is looking for one who doesnt know any better than they get it cheaper than the dealer so there happy (isnt ignorance bliss :rolleyes: ) and that guys jhappy cause he making out like a bandit

3. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

4. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

5. Mudgod

Mudgod Registered Member

Now of you M******ers bid on it, That baby is MY :rolleyes:

6. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

It is a little high, but not that much. Lots of folks here tend to view it as high because most of ust do a lot of the work on our axles ourselves. But, if you need to pick up an axle that is a bolt in, you will pay about that much. A friend of the family blew up his 10 bolt rear on his Burb. We bought him a rebuilt one from a reputable shop and I think it ran around $1,200 with an Auburn in it. So, $1,500 for a brand new one isn't that far out of line. If you piece together all the replacement parts listed in LMC, not including the axle and diff housing, you are close to $1,000.

7. absolute

absolute Registered Member

He's in Utah, where the jeeps are plentiful. Someone thier might buy it...but they can go to Transwest (in plain city area) and pick one up way cheaper, and they have late model wrecks.

8. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

the front d60 they have is less money then the 14bolt rears......

9. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

That would be a good price around here. These axles fit trucks that are still worth $20,000+, unlike our old piles.

10. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Yeah.........and if you piece together all of the replacement parts listed in lmc for one of our blazers now....you could buy a new 505 hp. zo6....
    -Harrison

11. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

I dont know where you live (maybe mars)...but I wouldnt give any more than $200 around here.And that is PUSHING it! I sold mine with drums for $100. Another $100 offered and you bet I wouldnt have made more money by putting disks on it. If that axle fits trucks that are worth 20k around where you live...i need to move there...since i spent $800 and not only got a truck with 2 10 bolt pieces of crap in it, but also a motor/tranny/t-case/NICE body to go with it. Your crazy if you think a 10 bolt with disks goes for any more than $200 in this country. And your even more crazy if you'll actually pay more than that....
    -Harrison

12. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

OK, so where can I get a BRAND NEW axle assembly? What's the best deal out there? I'm just wondering because we are all so used to buying USED axles and of course it's two different things.

13. mcinfantry

mcinfantry 1/2 ton status

new in crate 10bolts are 395ea iirc.

14. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

These threads always make me laugh. If he can get 1500 then that's what its worth - to whoever bought it.

A bunch of truck enthusiasts who think otherwise aren't going to change anything.:haha:

But keep it up! Its alway fun to see how bent out of shape people can get over the price someone else can sell stuff at.:D

15. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

What part of "Your 10 bolt axles will NOT fit the trucks that the auction is for" don't you understand? The rears for the '88 to present trucks all sell for over $1,000 here, while the 81-87 rears are worth nothing - not even $100. I have thrown away many ~81-87 ten bolt axles because I couldn't give them away. Did you even bother to read the auction description? Like the part where it says the axle will fit '99 and newer trucks? So I can come down there and buy some '99 and newer trucks for what... about $800? :rolleyes: Did you miss the part about being "brand new", "3.73 gears", and "trak-lock"? Again, for incase you haven't had to look for a rear end for anything newer than your $800 pile-o-crap, the axle in the auction is for a different application than your pile.

So, in reply to your statements - No, I am not crazy. I am educated and informed, and read about what I am looking at... you should too.

And maybe things around here cost so much because of the shipping? Getting axles to Mars takes a lot of $$$ :haha:

:rolleyes:

16. theperfectgarage

theperfectgarage 1/2 ton status

Way to set him straight, I can ( and do ) sell USED axles for that application for $$ 800.00 and up all the time. Thank's.

17. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

It also depends on what neck of the woods you are in. I've seen parts that are a dime a dozen in my area in high demand elsewhere, and visa versa. I'd have to agree with Divorced on this one. You can't make blanket statements that something is overpriced just because in your area it is lower. And, we are talking about a brand new axle, not some used part yanked out of somebodies rig that you don't know the history on.