Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another electrical problem... UGH I HATE ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Topdown, Jul 3, 2004.

1. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Ok... I go away to Detroit for a trip, the blazer sits for 4 weeks... I get in, fire up drive into town, no brake lights.

I have turn signals, emergency flashers, tail lamps, etc... but no brake lights. I replaced the brake light switch (at the pedal) still no lights. I have checked and there is power at the switch and it appears to be working appropriately but still no brake lights. No juice at the back end of the truck, I cant even tell that there is juice at the firewall... I HATE electrical issues.

Thoughts anyone?

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Check every since ground you can find in the brake circuit. Sounds like you just have a bad ground to me.

3. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

Whenever I lost brake lights on any of my Blazers it always seemed to be the wire had rubbed itself through where its routed through the frame near the rear bumper. Check your connections at plug ins and anywhere it maybe routed through frame or anything that might wear it thin. Also check power at random back to the tail lights.

If you need any help just yell I think I could pry Jeff away from his busy schedule to help /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

4. mudslinger97116

mudslinger97116 1/2 ton status

i feel for you topdown,i have been fighting the same problem in my blazer theres a post in the first gen. forum that might give you some more ideas.

5. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

the same thing just happened to my MINI that thing has so many eletrical gremlins its not funny /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

6. smprider112

smprider112 1/2 ton status

check all the way under the frame to the bumper...Mine did that too, but with just the tail lights and one of the wires got severed some how.

7. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Theres a connection behind the rear bumper more to the drivers side in the body under the tailgate. Its a 4 pin I think if its plugged in un plug it and look at the pins. Make sure they aren't corroded from sitting. clean them off and see what happens. You can also use that as a testing point.

8. JDBlazer454

I saw you yesterday cruisin it so I take it its fixed?

9. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

nope, not fixed, but i needed to get to lowes to get the parts to fix the CAI on the Vue... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

10. JDBlazer454

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I have done that /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif Get the attitude hey go ahead and try to hit me you will be the one hurtin /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif