Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another Electrical Problem...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by thefarside, Jul 10, 2003.

1. thefarside

thefarside 1/2 ton status

I am having a problem with my 80’ blazer eating starters. It just suddenly started to happen. I had not worked on the truck in weeks and then I began toasting starters. Basically, if the starter was new and I installed it would work fine, but as soon as I turned the truck off the started would never work again. All three starters were new when I installed them but when I had them tested they were all bad. I seriously doubt that I received 4 bad starters in a row. Any idea what could cause this? I think it is electrical but I have no clue what could cause it though so I am not sure were to start looking.

2. or2play

or2play 1/2 ton status

I don't know, I received 3 or 4 bad starters before. Some of them even tested good on the bench. Sometimes stores get a bad batch of parts.

3. thefarside

thefarside 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I don't know, I received 3 or 4 bad starters before. Some of them even tested good on the bench. Sometimes stores get a bad batch of parts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, the odds must be huge to have that happen.

4. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

When I have a starter go bad I take it to a local shop that rebuilds starters and alternaters. When they tear it down they can tell you exactly what is wrong.