Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another F150 spring ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by wayne, Jul 3, 2002.

1. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Does anybody know the spring eye size compared to a GM? If they are different where do you get greasable bushings for them?

2. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Well, I already installed my early 90's packs but my early 80's packs are sitting here and look to be the same...

1 1/4" front
    1 5/8" rear

Hopefully, someone else can

3. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Ok, reason I ask is, I have a set of 56" GM springs here but everybody said the F150's are much better so before I rebuild the 56" ones I will get a set of 57". Also wondering if it would be a good idea to go with a lowering shackel and laying it back some for even more droop with the flip.

4. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

The shackle angle idea sounds good, I did the same, but you might want to find a way to install one of the 57's first and see exacly where it sits with your weight on it. Then you'd know just how much of a shackle length your going to want/need and can purchase of fabricate accordingly. Make sure the lowering shackle is sturdy enough too! I'm really happy to see so many people moving to the ford springs, blazers are just too stiff from the factory and this is a relatively inexpensive way to get competetive!