Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another fender trimming question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bad_bo_ti, Feb 15, 2003.

1. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

My blazer has cut outs on it, what i was wonder is if there is that a way i can take them off and cut out all the metal where the holes were and still make it look nice, any pics of this or something like this? thanks, i like the looks but they are not stong enough for what i want to do with it now.

2. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

see spmiller.org link in the sig.

3. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

hey thanks that kinda helps, but i still have to worry about the holes above the wheelwell lip close to the body line /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif. i guess if nothing else i can just take a marker around them and take the flares off and see how that looks /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

4. chillywilly

chillywilly Registered Member

Let me know how u make out after taking the cutouts off. Ive been thinking the same about mine. I just went from 35x16 boggers to 38 x 11 and my flares look kinda silly /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

5. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

i think my buddy has a spare old fender, i might try and take some measurements off my blazer and use the other fender as a guinea pig /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif, i will post pics if i ever get around to doing, i dont think it will look that bad, might just need more tire to fill the wheel well!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif oh well everyone needs a reason to go bigger /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Geno

Geno Registered Member

Was wondering if your flares are good enough for resale, might be interested in them. I would think you would have to weld the holes shut because more than likly they are above
    the inside fender wells, The only way you could trim the holes out is to remove the inside fender wells all together. I think your blazer looks pretty sharp with them on though, just my opinion.

7. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

i dont know what i am doing yet, i am going to get a junk fender and see how that works out with cutting it. theres to much snow out side right now anyhow to do anything to it.

8. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Zakk, I sent you an e-mail, but I'll ask here too. How did you do the edges of the trimmed fenders? Did you weld edges on them or fold them back like tabs or roll them? I'm debating on trimming mine when I get around to doing the body. The fenders are off the truck so it should be an easy job. But, I don't want the sharp edges on the sheetmetal.

9. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

we took some thin metal and heated it up and pounded it to the conture of the fender. alot of grinding, alot of time. A buddy of mine did a lot of the skilled part, and it came out really nice.