Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

another ? for the carb gurus

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by wraenking, Sep 9, 2004.

1. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

ok, since i iordered the holley truck avenger, i placed a call to the place im buying it from and asked the guy a couple of questions.

as i have said before, my 350 is bored .30 over and has a 501 cam lift in it.

right now i have a stock roch carb from a 305 that i cant get to work right at all.

the guy said the 670 truck avemger will be fine, and maybe since i have the cam lift in it, i can change out the power valve depending on my vacume reading.

does this make sense:? im really getting depressed about this whole situation! lol /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

3. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Yes, it sounds right. Any reason you went with a street avenger over the truck avenger? You don't plan on wheeling that thing or what /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

[censored], my bad. i meant truck avenger. lol

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

I have a truck advenger I bought about a year ago..

First I will say I have minimal knowlege and no luck with carbs....

I have had the carb on a couple small blocks, big blocks and now on a 305, the vaccume set up is wierd in my opinion, but I have always managed to play with the carb and get it to run, no matter what motor, cam ect..

Looking back I would buy a quadrajet now, but the carb does do great offroad...but then again, so does a quadrajet /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

try it and if you cant get it to work, get help from some one that owns one, alot of people have mixed opinions on them though /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif