Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another FR42 trip this Sunday sunDAY SUNDAY !!

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by 4xcrazy, Mar 4, 2004.

1. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Who wants to run with us, so far it's myself, Pauly383k10, a friend of his in his Heep and a friend of mine possibly in his Heep. Sign up lets make it another fun day. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Yo Tj, the friend in his heep has like 3 other 4x's coming. I am meeting them at his house at 7am and whoever wants to go can meet at paystation at 830am like last Saturday. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Sounds fine to me big bubba /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Oh well fine. Just cuz my parents just bought a cabin and we're gonna go up north to see it this Sunday, y'all are gonna go out playin. I see how ya are. Boy howdy. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif Well once again if you could take some pictures that you can superimpose our truck onto that would be great. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif You have an outstandin time and we'll hopefully be able to come out next time. Good luck to ya in the future.

Allan

5. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Send me a pic of your truck and i'll see what i can do /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

6. justhorsinaround

What?!?!?!?!?! You don't have a picture of Wimpy framed on the wall above your computer?? Humph. Good luck to y'all in the future.

Allan

7. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Tell ya what, i'll try to give you longer notice if i plan on it, but now that my truck is rollin, and will have matching gears as of this weekend, i will be wheelin alot in the future, and most likely Paul will be right there with me or vise versa. Keep ya eyes open,,, /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. FWP

FWP CRS

I may join you guys. Never been on FR42, or seen Bartlett lake for that matter, and I have a few questions.

1. How would a SWB, 4" on 35s, locked F+R, no body damage acceptable (pin-stripe is ok), do on this trail/FR? (this is my street truck I'm talking about)

2. Is there anything rated beyond a 2-3 available? In other words, is it worth driving my Blazer down there?

3. How do you get to the pay station, if I'm south-bound on 17 from up here?

4. Where do you go from the end of 42?

5. What's the fastest way to get me back home when the trail is done?

Thanks guys for any info, it sounds like a fun/ interesting trip. I couldn't go last time, I had to work. Oh, one more Q, what's the price of fuel down there?

Fred

9. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

It will do just fine, i have a 4" lift and still runnin stock size tires of 31's and only locked in the rear of the Burb and i made it with no probs. It's not really that hard of a trail from what i saw, just "fun".

You would come down I-17 south to Carefree Highway and go east (for awhile) till you hit Scottsdale Rd/Tom Darlington Dr. (it's Scottsdale rd goin south, Tom Darlington goin north) (also where Carefree Rd dead ends at) Go north up to Cave Creek Rd. then go east some more. the road will widen at Pima to 4 lanes, keep going east until the road narrows down to 2 lanes again and not too far after that you should see a turn off to the right for Bartlett Lake. Follow that road i think it's somewhere around 8-10 miles or so to the paystation, thats where we'll meet at approximately 8:30.

Now i did notice that the trail we were running, you really don't have to pay for the permit to go in there, but if you park around the lake area it would be a good idea to get one. Or if you just want to be safe anyways and pay the $4 you can.

At the end of 42 it just swings us back out onto the road that leads to the paystation a few miles back, then to go home, you would just do everything from there in reverse.

The price of fuel here is right near $2.00/gallon, $1.959 - $1.999, depending on where you get it.

As far as if it's worth the trip to come down here and meet us and hang out with us for the day and have a good time, sure why not. Like i said it's not that bad of a trail in my opinion, but after we are done with 42 we could go around the lake itself and there are some fun little areas/hills to mess around on. I think a few of us are going to try to make a day of it out there.

10. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Re: Another FR42 trip this Sunday sunDAY SUNDAY !! *DELETED*

Post deleted by therobzilla

11. justhorsinaround

Fred you could also come down Carefree Highway (a while) and then turn left on Cave Creek Rd. and proceed through the lovely township of Cave Creek and then just keep on goin and goin till ya get to Bartlett Lake area. I can't imagine you haven't but, if you haven't been through Cave Creek there's a few pretty cool touristy trap kind of places not to forget the bars if you're thirsty. Good luck to y'all in the future.

Allan

12. FWP

FWP CRS

Thanks TJ /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. I didn't mean to sound like an a$$ /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif, I want to come wheel with you guys /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif. What I meant was, should I take my K-10 in comfort, or freeze my Hiney off in the K-5 during the drive down(It will be around 35-40 deg here Sun at 7 am). With just tube doors and no top, it can get a little chilly going 65-70 mph.

13. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    or freeze my Hiney off in the K-5 during the drive down(It will be around 35-40 deg here Sun at 7 am). With just tube doors and no top, it can get a little chilly going 65-70 mph.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shootzki man.....
    If it aint warm.... or comfy.... may as well cut it up and make a full tube buggy out of it, eh. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Marv

14. FWP

FWP CRS

You laugh, I've been toying with that idea already /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

15. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I have always wanted to run this trail but I have to work as usual /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

PS. Fred, once the 60 is in I am gonna begin OJT (Opperation Justify a Truggy). We'll see how far it goes in the summer /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

16. FWP

FWP CRS

OJT, I like it /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

17. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

I didn't think for one minute that you were sounding like an a$$, you simply asked questions, and i answered, it's all good. if your warm ride is at least locked in the rear and lifted at least 4", you won't have a problem at all out there, heck fatbob made it with his truck with open front and rear, he did have a nice lift and bigger tires though. Personally i don't think this trail is buggy,truggy,super modified, or whatever else you want to call them trucks, they will work, but in my opinion, it's overkill to take something so modified on this run.

As mentioned, bring the warm one if it's equipped as mentioned above. Thanks all. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

18. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    it's overkill to take something so modified on this run.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but the CHICKS dig it /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

19. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    it's overkill to take something so modified on this run.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but the CHICKS dig it /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell then i'd just take a stock truck out, then the chicks would be diggin it,,,,,,,,,OUT /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

20. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Hey there, I'd love to tag along, but would need to bum a seat from the gas station /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif Anyone got a free one? I'll pay a gas fee /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif I'm ready to get out and meet some fellow CK5'ers /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif