Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

another front zero rate/x-over ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TX Mudder, Dec 9, 2002.

1. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Jul 10, 2000
    Still thinking about moving the front axle up a little - are you guys moving it 1" or 1.5" ?

Also, I searched about x-over interference with the right leaf spring and the idea was to check to see if you have clearance now. I don't have crossover yet, so I can't measure. What have you guys seen?

In a search, I found this:
    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Here is an excellent tip I learned from thebigdaddyof2 (Todd). Take a stock steering arm and cut it off just even with the knuckle. Use this as your spacer, it has the holes already drilled. Weld this to your new steering arm to raise it 1".

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a good idea. Would it HAVE to be welded? I don't see how that wold help anything. I have a welder and could do it, just don't see why.
    -- Mike
  2. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Feb 1, 2001
    Here is an old pic of mine. I made a set of 3/4" zero rates for the front and in the pic the drag link was actually sitting on the spring. I have the zero rates set to move the axle forward 1" when I put them in but my driveshaft was to short so I just used the center hole. Also my steering arm is only 3/4" thick so a 1" thick one would have gave me a 1/4" more clearance.