Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another fun and exciting day...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Jul 21, 2004.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Yep... Woke up this morning, ate breakfast, took a shower...

Went to the college and picked up the mormon chick I went on a date with a month ago... Noticed she has a tattoo on her ankle to go with her tongue ring and newly-dyed brown hair /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

We went and got some pizza and she took off her sweatshirt... nice Corona shirt to go with her tight blue jeans /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

We got talking about stuff and it turns out she kinda hates being a mormon... So that's cool, I was a little concerned about seeing a mormon, since I'm most definately not mormon material... I should probably be burning in hell right about now according to the church /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

So... After lunch we went and played golf... I was hoping I would do bad since she said she was horrible... but I hit a 53 game... she got 84 /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif so much for that... went inside the hotel and got some ice cream...

Then we went down to the pawn shop and I found a hell of a sale on golf clubs, entire sets with bags for $40... I know where I'm going on pay day in two days /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif... I was just going to look at amps, but I saw something that almost made my heart stop... It was so purdy...

I asked the clerk to hook up the amp to a pair of 12's that looked comparable to mine, and holy hell they shook the whole damn store... Not a little closet store either, this is a good size pawn shop /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif So instantly after hearing what that amp can do, I looked at Courtney, she looked at me, and we both agreed that I NEEDED THAT AMP...

So I talk the guy down to $150 from $200, go to Courtney's house and hook it up, and damn does it sound good... 1600 Watts to a pair of 12's in a nice box is enough to make a man cry... And I thought I had bass when I had 300 watts /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

So after that Courtney and I parted ways because we couldn't think of anything else to do and I told another friend I'd go hang out with him after my date... I never made it to his house... I went straight to the hotel to show off my new amp to my coworker/friend... Then we spent the next 3 hours collecting and cleaning about 65 golf balls on the golf course... And now I'm here...

So... In short, I saw a mormon who is probably going to be disowned when she moves out of her mom's house, ate some pizza, played some golf, got my bass on, cleaned my balls, and came home... in about 12 hours /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Sound slike you're pretty happy, and that's what it's all about.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

What kind of amp (Name brand) did ya get ???

4. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Legacy... I think it's called Blue Diamond or Blue Crystal... Anyway, it's shiny and blue and has a diamond shaped blue thing with a light in it on the top... very purdy...

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

And it replaced a Boss something or other amp...

6. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

At least you got a woman...

7. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    cleaned my balls, and came home... in about 12 hours

[/ QUOTE ]

You should of had the mormon chick clean your balls then go home!!

8. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

When I was a teenager in the 70's (America was a different place then it is today), one of my best buds was a Mormon, but we both still partied like Roman Centurions on a rape and pillage holiday. We Drank beer, smoked dope, grew our hair long, went to rock concerts, house parties, spent a lot of time hanging out at some of Southern California's most famous raceways (where drag racing was born), and hosed beach bunnies underneath the pier until the break of day. Life was great!!!

Then one day my bud turned 18, he cut his hair, put on a white button up shirt and tie, jumped on a bike, and went out on his "Mission" that he was sacredly bound, by the Mormon Church, to do. I could not believe it! I never thought he would do it, after knowing what kind of crazy party Viking he was, but he did it. I never saw him again until 10 years later. He was married and settled down, with a good Mormon wife and family.

9. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

As I was reading the first paragraph of your post I was thinking to myself, "I wonder what happened when he turned 18."

[ QUOTE ]
    Then one day my bud turned 18, he cut his hair, put on a white button up shirt and tie, jumped on a bike, and went out on his "Mission" that he was sacredly bound, by the Mormon Church, to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny how that happens. When I lived in Idaho I dated a couple of mormon girls. They would talk about how all these guys they dated in high school would come back from their mission and ask them out. Then on the first date the guy would be talking about getting married and having kids. They couldn't believe the change.

10. speedyvision917

speedyvision917 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif i think i can honestly say i have never met a morman and def. never dated one... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif owell

11. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

They're not as bad as people like me make them sound /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

Just a very very strict church that I don't and can never see myself agreeing with... But the people themselves, for the most part, are pretty cool...

12. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Yeah, there's quite a few here, both the regular and the "Jack Mormon" types. All pretty allright people, the "non-Jack" types are a little uptight, but in my experience once you get to know them they all have a little jack in 'em. One thing they all seem to have in common is they're pretty damn good with money.

13. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif i think i can honestly say i have never met a morman and def. never dated one... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif owell

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, you always know when you meet a Mormon because they all have MORMON tattooed on their foreheads. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif