Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another Girl Problems Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mikey_d05, Feb 8, 2007.

1. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I went to see Anna last weekend, and got to thinking pretty hard about a ring. I had been since then, and then last night the **** (in my book anyways) hit the fan.

She's a closet bunny hugger, and said that when we live together, there will be no guns in the house. Now, being the type that would rather compromise than tell her to go to hell, I offered a solution, a gun safe where nobody could get at them but me. That didn't fly.

So, in the interest of not being up until 2 a.m. fighting about it, I said fine, you'll be stuck with a very grumpy boyfriend who is now going to be in the garage a lot more since he won't have guns to tinker with. Then she went on to say that if we ever have kids, I'm gonna be a bad father figure. :rolleyes:

Yesterday I was thinking about putting the buggy and the rifle off to spring for an engagement ring and surprise her. Now I'm thinking about telling her I don't want to talk to her again. :doah:

Ugh...advice please...

2. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

guns are a touchy situation with my wife. i keep them in a cabinet and she still is leary of it. if these are happening before you get a ring on her finger, it will onloy get worse. better to end it now then wait to you are married with kids. you dont need someone always telling you what to do or putting you down.

3. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Take her out shooting like I did with my wife. Now she wants more guns.

4. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

...or tell her goodbye :( .

What isn't liked now before marriage, will be hated while in marriage.

I've seen more marriages end that way than anything else.

5. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

If you already own gun(s) and aren't willing to give them up (don't blame you if you don't) then i would tell her to not let the door hit her when she leaves. My wife, g/f at the time told me she couldn't live in a house with guns (knowing that i had one) so when we moved in together i needed to get rid of it. Well, i told her the guns where there before her and she knew i had them and i wasn't getting rid of them so she could make her own choice as to what she wanted to do. Well we were married almost 3 years ago and living together now for 4 years.

6. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Fixed it for ya!

7. garlicbreath

garlicbreath 1/2 ton status

I agree, I have always kept a mossburg 12G by the bed, and would rather find another woman than be dead at the hands of a home invader.

8. chalet2506

chalet2506 1/2 ton status Premium Member

bunny hugger and anti-gun?? She's going to want you to give up your 4x4 next.

9. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Statistics have proven that most home invasions where the owner keeps a gun for "safety" reasons is usually shot or killed, and sometimes with his own gun.

I have guns for a different reason but nontheless i own guns.

10. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

You have to ask yourself WWIWMJD (what would iwaxmyjimmy do?) :D.

J/k

Seriously, I don't know how to deal with women on this. I've tried with my wife, and softened her up a bit, but I'm still working on it (after 5 years of being together-4 married.) Since I have kids, security is a big part of it for her. Less so much the bunny hugging. Chances are her dad didn't have any guns so she has never been around them.

Taking her shooting, or shooting her may solve the problem as others have noted. :D

11. mikey_d05

I'm not giving my guns up, period. It's an unreasonable and unjustifiable request. I'm not giving up wheeling either. I'm just torn at how to handle Anna...I tried to talk it out last night and it didn't sound like there was any room for negotiation. I was thinking about popping the question before this, which gives you guys an idea of how serious the relationship is...I don't just wanna give up and tell her to get ****ed, but she isn't exactly making it easy.

Why is the rum always gone? :doah:

12. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

L.M.A.O.:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: !!!!!

13. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

TELL HER GOODBYE :( .

14. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

BTW Mikey, you have to ask her father's permission before you propose.

At least I think that's how it should be. And I did it. My father in law and I get along great, and I think that's one of the reasons. Let's him know that you respect him and his daughter. Also gives you and idea of what to expect later on down the road.

15. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

You can ask Heather, one of the things I made very clear at the beginning of our relationship was that owning firearms was a fact of life for me.

However, I agree with ryan22re, try to take her shooting. Use a .22 rifle, relatively harmless and easy to shoot. For pistols, I'd recommend also a .22 or a .380 auto to start her out with.

Heck, just explain to her the Four Rules.

16. RockinChevy

RockinChevy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I would give it some time, since you two talked about it last night... It's still heated so give it a week or so. Hopefully she'll have a clear head and in a calm mood to think about it... I do agree guns are a touchy subject, though I've never been around a woman who didn't like guns... at least not yet.

Does it sound more like, she doesn't like guns, or doesn't trust people around guns?

17. mikey_d05

It sounds more like she doesn't like guns. Her dad goes hunting once a year, and he's an asshole. He doesn't own any guns or know jack about hunting...and likes to pretend like he's the grand master of the world and that I should find more important things to do...like belittle people. :rolleyes: I do plan to ask him before I propose, but that doesn't mean I like him even the slightest bit.

The problem with taking her shooting is that it's ****in freezing here, and we're long distance. I could bring her to my house some weekend and go out, but if she's gonna be miserable anyways, there's no point in introducing ****ty weather into the equation. Yeah, I can wait, but if this is a waste I don't want to continue with it.

I think the main problem is that she's never been around them, ever, and as much as I'd like to try and educate her, it doesn't sound like she wants to be educated. If it ends up being a choice, I know which way I'll go. :(

18. RockinChevy

RockinChevy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

When the time is right, try warming her up with gun safety and education a little at a time. For example, when you're just cleaning them, maybe show her the inner workings of a firearm with the ammo put away from view. She doesn't like guns but eventually she's gonna have to trust you with them. Don't push her into a decision if you're this close to making a proposal, you know?

19. mikey_d05

Yeah, I know what you're saying, I just don't know precisely what it is that she's so against...that's what's bothering me.

I'll type more later, gotta get going on my dynamics homework.

20. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

Fork Neck Curb Ass!