Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another good deal in Arizona

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by azblazor, Dec 1, 2001.

1. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Well it's official. We bought our 3rd K5 last night a 1985. Left front fender, grill, and rear tailgate damage, missing bumpers and mirrors. Runs, drives, current tags, 305/4speed/np208, new carb, new 4"lift, new locking hubs, interior is not bad, overall its rough but - get this - $500!! I was looking for parts so it was almost disappointing that this truck is too good to part. My younger son (18) is probably going to get this one.

My wife has asked me to stop looking in the trader. [​IMG]

<font color=blue>azblazor</font color=blue>
    <font color=orange> 79 K5 454-FI / 4L80E, NP205, D60, FF14, 4" lift, 9K Warn </font color=orange>

2. BLUESMAN

BLUESMAN 1/2 ton status

Phoenix(but it\'s a dry heat...like an oven!)AZ.
    Hey that's great.....Ahhh I think I beat you on the 'Burb that was 4 sale for $300.Anyone have a flat bed trailer that I could use to tow this monster home?The body is off the chassis so I'm planning on two trips= 1/2 day.Anyone in Phx. please help me out.Thanks.I'm trying to talk my 15 year old that a K/5 would be a very nice 1st truck,too!!!

Web Site is gonna crash...so if anyone is trying to contact me please call (623) 849 9114

3. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

I'm 15 , maybe that will help [​IMG] everysince I found this site I've fallen in love with the K5 [​IMG]

<font color=green>[​IMG]1977 K5 GETTIN IT AWN[​IMG]</font color=green>
    BUILT NOT BOUGHT

4. azblazor

We were gonna flat tow the frame with the 77 body straped on. Congratulations! Yea, you got a screamin deal from Overdrive.

<font color=orange> 79 K5 454-FI / 4L80E, NP205, D60, FF14, 4" lift, 9K Warn </font color=orange>

5. azblazor

Michael,
    I tried to call your house. I'm at work and it wouldn't let me through. I have a flatbed but its not quite wide enough for a suburban. But you could put a lot of stuff on it. Work 623 393-3553

6. Burbinator

Burbinator 1/2 ton status

Man, I've GOT to start looking in the Trader more often...

BTW...ditched that '82 I had before in favor of a more "updated" Burb a couple of months ago. Wise decision on my part.

Congrats on the new addition!

The learning curve is a toll road...ride with someone who has already paid!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/abshort>U.S.S. Nimitz II</a>

7. azblazor

How much did you get for the 82?

8. Burbinator

Burbinator 1/2 ton status

$2250

Found out it had a broken exhuast valve spring, hence it not passing emissions and pinging.

The guy who bought it was stoked about the truck and shrugged off the discrepancies. I probably would have kept it and turned it into a dedicated trail rig (with a lot of hacking), but I lost interest and focused it on the '91. New house has curbed mods for a bit on that truck, but soon. Nothing major planned for it.

The learning curve is a toll road...ride with someone who has already paid!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/abshort>U.S.S. Nimitz II</a>