Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another header ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Moose, Aug 7, 2001.

1. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

Anybody know of or run the Edelbrock headers (1987-95 Chevy/GMC Suburban, Tahoe, Jimmy, Yukon with 5.0L/5.7L T.B.I. no A.I.R. #6566)? They say that they are 17 gauge steel. I want Thorley's but way out of the price range.

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I'm running Edelbrock headers on my 89 350 with TBI. I like them. Had them on over a year now. I do a lot of off road driving, and towing. They have heled up real well. No leaks, No rust, no problems at all. They helped a lot on the low end power too.
    They fit real good with no clearance problems except I had to cut 1/2" off the shift linkage rod(auto Trans) so it wouldn't hit the headers when it was put into low gear. But that was no problem. Also you cant use a spark plug socket on a few of the plugs but you can get to them easy enough with a wrench, so that's no big deal.
    All and all I think they are a pretty stout set of headers and they gave me a nice, very noticeable gain in power espically when towing, over the stock manifolds.

3. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

So you have the full length ones? I was thinking about the Edelbrocks that they claim mount to the exaust like the stock manifolds. Do you remember what you paid? Thanks