Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another High Mount Tie Rod Question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by nvrenuf, Nov 28, 2003.

1. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Sorry to beat this subject to deat but...

How big of a lift can you go and still go with the high mounted tie rod? I've been looking at pics on the net and in magazines and most are of trucks with what looks like 4" or 6" springs. I currently have 10" springs but want to go with 8". Can I go with 8" without tie rod vs leaf spring interference?

TIA!

2. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

Shouldn't you be actually working instead of surfing the web ?????? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Shagnaz

Shagnaz 1/2 ton status

I am running 8" on my K5 and I don't have any problems. I am not even running a 1" spacer b/w the knuckle and the arm.

Hope this answers your question. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. nvrenuf

[ QUOTE ]
    I am running 8" on my K5 and I don't have any problems. I am not even running a 1" spacer b/w the knuckle and the arm.

Hope this answers your question. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly what I wanted to know! THANKS!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

BTW - TARussell, instead of harrassing me shouldn't you be ordering a Doubler?! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I just want to know why you have the avatar you have????????????????????????? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

6. nvrenuf

[ QUOTE ]
    I just want to know why you have the avatar you have????????????????????????? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I saw that freaks mug shot and couldn't laughing so I thought it might do for a while. To be honest, now evertime I see one of my posts it sorta creeps me out. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif I'm currently looking for something more "normal" to replace it with, the wife saw it and said "The pedophiles got to go!". /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

I told you that you needed help when You showed me that picture . Ha , ha /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. nvrenuf

[ QUOTE ]
    I told you that you needed help when You showed me that picture . Ha , ha /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, it might make a nice avatar for you too. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

You are truly a very disturbed person ! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    Don't even think about it ! If that Freaks picture shows up on my name I just might make a mistake and accidentaly put 3.73's in your Crew Cab when we do a gear change ......
    " You can think about it , but DOOOOOOON'T do it " A qoute from Jackie Gleason from Smokey and the Bandit .
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. nvrenuf

Oops almost forgot, Shagnaz what brand of arms do you run? Do you have TRE's or heims?

Thanks again!

11. cornfed

cornfed 1/2 ton status

I run 8" springs with high-steer also - no spacers here too. I use factory tie-rod ends. The arms are something we designed and had laser cut.

12. Shagnaz

Shagnaz 1/2 ton status

I use Poison Spiders arms with TRE's
    The trick...get a 82 K5 Tie rod and then get a ES2026r and a ES2027L. They should tread right in and you are set.
    GM uses a 7/8-18 tierod end. I used a short K5 tre and a Dodge left handthread tre. The tapper was wrong, so I called Poison Spiders and they gave me the tre's to use.

Good luck! Hope you like that trick instead of having to do some fab work.

13. nvrenuf

VERY KEWL!! THANKS!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. nvrenuf

Are there any interference issues with running the high mount tie rod and unmodified Hummer wheels on dually axles? I figured no but I want to make sure.