Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another hobby... between wheeling! Nitro R/C!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by KRAZIE87K5, May 16, 2003.

1. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Ok... I know I am pressing my luck here... but the R/C is 4WD... and this is a 4WD chit-chat forum... /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Anyways, I've bought into yet another way too time consuming and expensive hobby. Check it out:

[​IMG]

I am so addicted that I've already starting fabbing armor for the silly little thing...

[​IMG]

The aluminum flat bar there is home brew all the way. I made it primarily to keep from trashing the blue wire (just underneith it) that you can see has already taken some abuse PRIOR to my nifty little fab work there! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

For those that don't know, Nitro R/C is no joke. This 1/10 scale truck can hit 45mph in very short order. You can entertain yourself for hours simply by harassing the neighborhood dogs/cats with it... not to mention racing on dirt tracks! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif But seriously...

OK... so tell me. How much of a dork am I? Any other folks out here have one of these? I figure a few must, since the guy I bought this thing from just sold a Yota to buy a Scout! So maybe this is a common deal with 4WD folks... ANYONE? /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

-Dan

2. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

id love ot have one but cant afford one really..can you get a pic of how that 4wd is setup is like to see that!! how much did you give for it?

3. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

No way!!!!!! I just bought one from RootBreaker so he can get money to fix his truck and cant wait to get it. The T-Maxx has a .21 conversion so ya I cant wait. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

A buddy of mine has one. It flat hauls a$$! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Be warned that you can buy just as many hop-up parts for that thing as you can for your K5. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Shocks, springs, posi diffs, etc. It can eat ya out of house and home! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Does yours shift gears as it goes? His has a 2-speed tranny! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

5. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Yup Harry, two speeds AND reverse! Its way kewl! I totally needed that rollbar I built. The truck definately has the power to flip over on its back when it gets traction from a stand still! Next thing you know, the damn thing is sliding along on the head (heat sink)!!! /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif That can't be good!

I'm just getting started with the T-Maxx 2.5... but I can't imagine needing anymore motor in this thing! Even at .15cu it FLIES. I can't control it really unless I find a nice big field to slow it down some in the grass! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

-Dan

6. SWAMPRNR

SWAMPRNR 1/2 ton status

I have a 1/8 scale NITRO QUAKE its 4 wheel drive with a TORQ .21 motor and pull starts like a weed eater . The neighborhood kids hate it when i run over there battery powered cars like speed bumps.

7. Blazerholic

Blazerholic Registered Member

Yeah, your not the only dork here! I just wish I could afford a gas powered R/C. Got 4 electrics that I've collected over the years : Bull Head monster truck, Blackfoot 2wd pick-up, Associated RC10 buggy, and a buggy called the Hunter. They are a riot to mess with but battery charging SUX /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif I actually enjoyed building them as much as drivin em. Just what we all need...another costly addiction! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. k30gambi

k30gambi 1/2 ton status

At least you guys dont have to worry about people giving you sh!t about overcompensating for...... /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

9. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

10. fulltopblazer

fulltopblazer 1/2 ton status

that is cool. It would be alot easier to haul around than my blazer.

11. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Those are /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif I want one

12. 96chevysfa

96chevysfa 1/2 ton status

i have one highly modified E-maxx, and another almost stock E-maxx, i may get a new t-maxx soon, but i decided not to spend n e more money on theese toys until im almost done modding my truck. i even had a set of jumbo max tires and another set of Bogger lookalikes!, its an awsome hobby.

13. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

I used to work at hobby people, we sold those things like crazy atleast 3 or four a day. You guys should see some of the T-maxx's that came in there, people have up to 3 grand invested in their little car. There really cool, one of my friends that has a blazer converted his T-maxx to have 2 XTM 24.7's in it, that thing was crazy!

14. BIGRIG

BIGRIG 1/2 ton status

I dont have a T-maxx yet but I have a rampage 2wd. The T-maxx'a are crazy they sell <font color="red">anything </font>for them! rollcages,dual exhaust,headlights, underlighting kits, 2-.21 coversion kits, and a new 3 speed tranny(top speed of 65) it's endless. pretty sweet!

15. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

Not just you! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif I have a 2.5 T-maxx with boggers and beadlocks. What a blast!!

Ken H.

16. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I used to be into hardcore with a hand-me-down Blackfoot 2WD Ranger p/u. That thing was great, the only problem were the ancient steering servos and the archaic remote receiver. I wish I hadn't sold it, maybe I should get another one...*cash register sound*

17. bad andy

bad andy 1/2 ton status

welcome to a great hobby! i have a traxxas electric rustler, villain boat, and a traxxas t-maxx that is waiting for a new engine. the t-maxx is a blast to drive /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

I want one.

19. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color="blue">The T-Maxx is one of the most upgradable platforms in R/C history. Entire companys have sprung up around it. I used to race stock stadium truck (RC10T3) and nitro stadium truck (RC10GT) back in highschool but I don't have time to race anymore. I've been keeping up and I want to get back into it though

20. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

I just got into it. I got me the savage with the .21 big block. I am just breaking it in but ive seen em and they are awesome. I am just looking for a Blazer shell.