Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another how much would this cost deal

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DUKE, Mar 26, 2002.

1. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

Ok, i am leaving and going to alaska this summer, so insted of renting a storage shed to park her in i thought, what the hell I can have the engine rebuilt. I think i have better than 200,000 on her, and to say she has had an easy life is a lie. (info about her in bio/website) What should i know before i go asking shops? What do i need to know about shops? How do i trust them? How much should this cost? What should i have done exactly anyway, and how much of it? ANYONE WANT TO DO IT THEMSELVES? some of you guys are prob better than some shops! I dont know s*&% about this stuff, help a poor sap out.

ps It's great to have good friends like this around.

2. lgk5

lgk5 1/2 ton status

gm crate 350 $1600 4 bolt main warrnty new not a re build

3. Little Giant

Little Giant Registered Member

Okay, I'll tell you right now I can't help at all with your questions. The best thing is usually to ask around locally and find out who has a good reputation in town.

So where in Alaska are you heading? Alaska Extreme Fourwheelers in based out of Anchorage. Even if you don't have your rig up here you could ride winch bitc...err navigator. No K5s in the club though, so you'd most likely have to sit shotgun in a heep. Just something to keep in mind.

Club webpage is in the sig, contact info from there.

4. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

I will be in anchorage, but I plan on doing alot of climbing. But i would like to check out some ak 4 wheeling.

5. JROSS

JROSS 1/2 ton status

I noticed your Blazer has a 305. I have a complete .030 307 from pan to carb for sale with 0 miles, for $750.00 obo. I'm sure thats cheeper than you can have rebuilt. Just thought I would offer.