Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another Hummer rim question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by GREASEMONKEY, Aug 29, 2003.

1. GREASEMONKEY

GREASEMONKEY Registered Member

I'm thinking of getting a set of Hummer rims and getting them widened and the backspacing changed. I have a few questions. Do these rims suffer any balance or leaking problems that some beadlocks have? They will be installed on a 60% street driven K5. If they are to much of a hassle then I will skip the idea.

thanks for any help
    -Nigel
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. K5BLT4FUN

K5BLT4FUN 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I presently have a set of hummer rims with 42's mounted on them. I have not had them balanced yet, because I cant find anyone in my area willing to try. As for the leakage, no problems whatsoever. I have had them installed since April and not a single pound of air has leaked.

3. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have been running them on the street for about 4 months now and don't have any problems with leakage. But I will say that finding someone to balance them is not going to be easy. I ended up throwing golf balls in mine. It helped a lot and I can cruise at 65 with just a little vibration.

4. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I ended up throwing golf balls in mine. It helped a lot and I can cruise at 65 with just a little vibration.

[/ QUOTE ] I get bad vibrations starting at about 30 and they don't stop at any speed above that. How many golf balls did you use, what size tire are you running and are they noisy at all?