Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another Jeep fatality in CO.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gjk5, Aug 10, 2004.

1. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Two dead from Saturday Jeep accident

By RON BAIN The Daily Sentinel
    Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Two people are dead and two boys are in St. Mary’s Hospital in Grand Junction as Colorado State Patrol investigators analyze the wreckage of a Jeep that plunged down Imogene Pass in Ouray County on Saturday.

Colorado Springs couple, Daniel and Jeanine Gluklick, ages 50 and 47, were killed. They were the parents of Cole Gluklick, 11, who is described by the State Patrol as “serious condition” at St. Mary’s Hospital.

A juvenile companion of Cole’s, Ian Nordstrom, is also listed as serious at St. Mary’s.

The 1998 Jeep utility vehicle in which the four were riding on Forest Road 869 rolled multiple times down a steep embankment on Imogene Pass, according to the State Patrol.

There are similarities to the deaths of a couple who were killed July 27 in a Jeep roll-over near Telluride. Vern A. Huntington, 50, and his wife Susan A. Huntington, 51, both of St. Peters, Mo., were killed when the 2004 Jeep Wrangler that also rolled on Black bear Pass.

Both accidents were probably caused by “driver error,” said Dale Tuttle, owner of San Juan Adventure in Ouray.

His Jeep drivers drive the same passes and routes where the fatal accidents have occurred, and the drivers of the privately owned Jeeps that rolled probably got too close to the edge of the road, Tuttle said.

“We don’t allow our Jeeps on Black Bear, but it really surprised us to hear of something happening on Imogene,” Tuttle said. “A lot of these SUVs are not for the true off-road experience.”

I'm not sure what to say about this except good luck to the 11 year old. As the guy said in the article, Imogene is not that bad. I'm not sure what could have happened. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Sorry too hear about it.

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

woah that sucks /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

I wonder how long it's going to be before someone sues Jeep because they don't know how to drive on a trail. Seeing as how Jeeps are trail rated and all. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

5. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

You know, the way most of this country thinks, that might actually work.

The fat kids ALMOST cornholed Mickey D's for a few mil. $$$s after all.

6. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

That is a terrible accident. I just did the Imogene Pass July 4th weekend in my stock 97 2500HD and it really wasn't that bad at all. I am not sure how they could have wrecked so bad unless the weather turned bad. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

7. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

sucks and all but, the only tragety is that jeeps want to hold there nice little nich so baddly that they spin there jeeps as trail rated, acording to a test desined for the veicals testing to be trail rated. hell i took my 96 honda civic lowered hatch back i hated, off road. It did really good, when though a foot of water mud and even some rocks (really) so i guess it trail rated right???

someone tell the kid if he servives( hopefully) to sue DC over it. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

8. OLD DAWG

OLD DAWG 1/2 ton status

Having done both trails recently one thing I have noticed is excessive speed by many drivers. It seems that many of these people have no idea what low range is or how to use it. Another problem seems to be common sense and knowing when to yield to an on comming vehicle. If I meet someone comming downhill as I'm climbing and I have a spot to pull over to give them passing room safely I do it and wave them by. Another thing is to let other vehicles know if there are others behind you. I sorry for sounding preachy but I've seen too many people in our ER or having close calls due to inexperience or "I'm too cool" attitudes. I really don't need to see anymore. Good luck to the kids in St.Marys. Doug