Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another Jesse is The Shiznit post!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by afroman006, Jul 26, 2005.

1. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Aug 21, 2002
    I bought a SYE, e-brake kit, and kickass rear CV shaft for my suburban awhile back, and installed them all and ran them for awhile untill I decided to change directions and go the trail truck/DD route. Since the burban is going to be neither the trail truck nor DD, I decided to take all the good stuff from the suburban and put it in the trail truck, including the rear shaft. I mounted the rear axle in the trail truck so that I would not have to modify the rear shaft at all, for financial reasons.

Anyway, I decided to go with the classic TH400/NP205 combo in the trail truck, whereas the Burban has a 4L80E/Np241. The 205 I have came with a fixed rear output, but it had a yoke, and the e-brake kit needed a different bracket and both the driveshaft and e-brake need a flange to mount to instead of the yoke. So I call Jesse up and tell him my situation, seeing if I could maybe get a discount on the new parts by sending my slightly used (less than 5k miles) back to him. Instead, he offers to exchange the e-brake bracket (and use my old caliper) and drive flange for the 241 for the ones from a 205 for free! All I had to pay for was shipping and got my stuff lickity split. Thank you Jesse! :waytogo:
  2. Brocky

Brocky 1/2 ton status

May 22, 2005
    Awesome. You couldn't get it any better.