Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ANOTHER Kerry thing

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by firefighter184, Aug 24, 2004.

1. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am pretty well over the whole Vietnam thing. I don't really give a flying crap what he did while he was there. Hero or not, it's what he did when he came back that matters. He met with the enemy, gave comfort to the enemy, crapped on the guys still over there, took part in and supported the bogus Winter Soldier investigation, etc etc etc. Bush might not have seen combat, hell he might have even snuck out of doing anything, but at least he didn't pull a bunch of Hanoi Jane crap. How could anybody possibly think that a man like Kerry is best for this country when an entire culture has openly declared a Jihad upon us? We need balls in the Oval Office, not chai tea and sensitivity.

F U C K E R!

2. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

hehe, i love you guys. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

i avoid the political threads, but love reading them... i battle with lefty liberals on a lotta forums.. its nice to see so many conservatives voicing what i feel. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

my state unfortunately tends to lean left and i find myself biting my tongue alot. they just hate Bush, know nothing about the war on terror situation or Kerry's views...

honestly, i think we're going to lose. at least in my little slice of the country it seems that way, its very disheartening... my boss actually said "but Bush is killing this country", i had to walk away for fear of tearing him a new one...

well, at least i'll cancel one of their votes out. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Don't worry if Kerry carries Jersey, there's a whole lot of country and a lot of time for people to make their decisions and me thinks Kerry will be sent packing to whatever mansion he feels like retreating to after the election.

4. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Dont worry Kerry is un electable. Bush will win.
    The main problem is Kerry has to talk now. his lackys cant do it for him anymore. The more he talks the more he has to lie. The more he lies the less people like him.

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I could care less if hes some "war hero" or whatever, same for Bush. I've met some veterans that were major ASSHOLES, and I hated from the moment I met them, just cause you served this country doesn't make you a good or nice person

6. backcountry

backcountry 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I could care less if hes some "war hero" or whatever, same for Bush. I've met some veterans that were major ASSHOLES, and I hated from the moment I met them, just cause you served this country doesn't make you a good or nice person

[/ QUOTE ]

Alan,

This can be true for anyone. Have you considered that going to war may have an effect on them mentally?

In my book; no one is better than anyone else. It does not matter what rank, position, title etc. a person has. In the end, what doest it matter?

It is true that some people act/think that they are better than others; however, in my opinion, this is a clear indicator that they have issues. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    honestly, i think we're going to lose. at least in my little slice of the country it seems that way, its very disheartening... my boss actually said "but Bush is killing this country",

[/ QUOTE ]

I know exactly what you mean...You just hafta remember, the NYC infection doesn't spread to the whole country...

8. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    honestly, i think we're going to lose. at least in my little slice of the country it seems that way, its very disheartening... my boss actually said "but Bush is killing this country",

[/ QUOTE ]

I know exactly what you mean...You just hafta remember, the NYC infection doesn't spread to the whole country...

[/ QUOTE ]

Poll data via AOL.

Who do you plan to vote for in November?
    George Bush 55%
    John Kerry 41%
    I'm undecided 4%
    How has the Swift Boat controversy affected your opinion of Kerry?
    My opinion hasn't changed 51%
    I think less of him 31%
    I think more of him 18%

Total Votes: 270,112

Who would do a better job with Iraq?
    Bush 56%
    Kerry 44%
    How clear is Bush's stance on Iraq to you?
    Very 56%
    Not at all 32%
    Somewhat 11%
    How clear is Kerry's stance on Iraq to you?
    Not at all 51%
    Very 25%
    Somewhat 24%
    How much does the Iraq war factor into your vote?
    A lot 67%
    A little 21%
    Not at all 12%
    Which issue is most important to you?
    National security 46%
    Economy 35%
    Iraq 13%
    Other 6%

Total Votes: 84,107

9. semper-k-five

semper-k-five 1/2 ton status

I'm with ya'll!! GOP all the way...my main concern is the way they are going after the young voters w/ this Bruce Springsteen crap, Farenheit 911, MTV and all these other liberal pansies force feedin' this crap to the young folks who seem to be bitin' like a bass after a spinner!!!
    That makes me a little apprehensive of the future of the GOP and strength in the White House. I'm only crossing the 30 year old barrier and yet i'm already nervous about the future of this country in the hands of the liberal, low cholestorol, water downed beer, britany spears crowd!!!!!

10. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

The thing with many young people that makes them so easy to liberalize (as opposed to liberate) is that they haven't experienced some of the realities of life that bring certain realizations about.
    There's a lot more indepth study to be done on this theory, but I'd suppose that when you haven't been out in the competitive environment of a capitalist economy, responsible for your own economic survival, it's easier to percieve "world peace" and "everyone working together for the betterment of society", because they *can* contribute to that in large ways, and they don't realize that once you start "living" life, it becomes much more difficult to give things up to contribute to that. The hindrance of a career job or a family in tow makes adults less eager to risk things that may destabilize thier health insurance and kids health, job and kids dinner/house/education, etc.

And this is not a knock against young people (I'm 28, I'd like to think I'm still a young people even though I'm no longer being victimized by the education system), it's just introspection on why young people may find the liberal idealism to be "better". They haven't had the life experience that shows most liberal idealism gets squashed or corrupted when put in practice. People are people, there will never be a large group that agrees on everything, which is what you'd need to make many liberal ideals function properly. Welfare, affirmative action, etc, great concepts, but when put in action, end up with serious shortcomings that terribly undermine the positives.
    Stalin, Marx, currently China, show the ultimate end result of idealism is bad for humanity. The Soviet Union went all the way in proving it just doesn't work.

So anyway, I can understand why young people think liberal ideals make a lot of sense and would make the world a better place. At some point in my late teens, I held a lot of these "If we all just put $1 in the plate to fight hunger, we could wipe it off the earth" beliefs, too. The reality is, Saddam Hussein's of the world tip the plate into their own treasury's, and kill the hungry.

11. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

Ratch - Very well put !!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Another point to consider - those young "I'm for world peace - save the whales" kids almost NEVER go to the polls on election day. They register - but there's always something much more important going on - like hanging out at the mall - and they invariably "don't have time" to vote. They'll sleep until noon, go to the mall, then to their fast food (or mall) job - then it's too late because the polls have closed by the time they get off work. They never take the time to even determine what precinct they live in or even where to vote. Besides, they usually have the "my father's vote will cancel mine out, so what's the point" attitude. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Pretty sad .... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif