Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ANOTHER LEAF SPRING QUESTION ! sorry.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dustyk5, Apr 12, 2004.

1. dustyk5

dustyk5 Registered Member

I have the Tuff country 4" lift springs on my '71 K5 with a 2" add-a-leaf on the back so it sits level.surprise,surprise it rides REALLY stiff.I would pull the add-a-leaf out,but then the front is too high.My question is,can I remove the bottom leaf up front(there are only 3)?it looks like they are pinned and clamped together.Do they come apart?then maybe it would drop the front enough that I could pull the add-a-leaf off the back.any thoughts??Thanks.

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Are you running blocks and an add a leaf? I would go shackle flip and see how it sits without the add a leaf, and get rid of the blocks if you run any. If it sits too low you can get a zero rate for it so the springs stay softer. Or just find the cleanest looking totalled from the front truck and pirate the stock springs and use with shackle flip. Or use parts of two factory packs and add as needed, they are thinner than add a leaves and thus softer /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif