Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another LIFT Q.

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Quetzal_SJ, Mar 20, 2001.

1. Quetzal_SJ

Quetzal_SJ 1/2 ton status

Hello Every ONE!,

Ok heres my Q. I have read some specs on some 69-72 Jimmy/Blazers most of them say 4 inch lift front and 6inch lift rear. Whats up with that? I heard that Stock they sit 2inches lower in the rear is this true. I plan on doing a shackle flip in the rear I just want to replace the springs with no added lift witch should leave it at a 4inch lift in the rear. Should I put 4inch springs in the front and two in the rear with the flip to get a four inch all the way around?

Thanks for your time!

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

The deal is that companys like SuperLift, Rancho,SkyJacker, etc..... all make their rear spring packs to the weight specs from a Pickup and NOT a Blazer. The Blazer's butt is much heavier than a P/U's. So my rear 5 1/2" spring packs from SuperLift combined with 4" front Rancho spring packs make my K5 sit level. A custome spring shop would require you to weigh your butt before making whatever size lift you want. National Spring is the most popular custome spring pack makers. But they are expensive to have made!

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com>http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com</A>

3. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

FWIW, the rear of a Blazer doesn't sit 2" lower in back than in front. Mine was sagged in the back and I put 2" lift blocks in it. It is now tail-high (aka "stink-bugged"). I think 1" blocks would have made it level.

4. Quetzal_SJ

Quetzal_SJ 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the info that makes a lot of sence. Do you know if it is becuase of the top that makes it wiegh more in the rear?

5. Ptangler

Ptangler Registered Member

Im new to this whole lift thing. How much can you lift before you have to change your drivelines?

6. Steve_Chin

It's partially the weight of the top and partially because the factory set them up tail-low anyhow. Before I put the lift blocks in my Blazer, it still sat back-end low with the top off.

7. Steve_Chin

Ptangler, I'm not exactly sure where you really need to change the driveshaft, but I know that my hunting partner had to change out his rear driveshaft when he put the 4"/6" lift on his Blazer. While he was at it, he put a 1330-series CV joint on the front of the driveshaft and a 1350-series U-joint on the back end. The front driveshaft is a bit extended, but it works. I'm going to have to replace both when I lift my Blazer because I have an NV4500, which moved the transfer case back 1-5/16".