Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another Lift Question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mxrcr589, Mar 22, 2004.

1. mxrcr589

mxrcr589 1/2 ton status

alright, im sure this has been covered a million times but, im getting a 6inch lift. Im going to get 6inch BDS springs in the front, and i was going to get 6inch springs in the back to but, i was thinking maybe i should get the shackle reverse from offroad design and then 2inch BDS springs. My question is that i dont think that the 2 inch springs would come with shims, how would i go about the angle with 6inchs of lift in back?

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Like I was told you need to use an angle finder and find your current angle. Then you shim it to within 3 degrees of driveshaft for a CV Shaft (point it at t-case. Or with stock shaft you need the angles to match at each end ( basically both pinion and t-case point flat in relation to each other ). Hope it helps /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

BDS doesn't make 2" springs for the rear, only 4" ones. You'll need Tuff Country springs or Skyjacker (I think skyjacker sells them) You can't really tell for sure if your pinion angle is good with a shackle flip until the flip is installed. I'd say you'll be good. I'm going to be using 2" blocks with my shakle flip, but I'm using 63's for the rear... Don't know how it'll come out... yet since nothing is installed /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Good luck anyays /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    basically both pinion and t-case point flat in relation to each other

[/ QUOTE ]

that's called parallel /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif