Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another Lonely Hitman

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Resurrection_Joe, Jan 14, 2006.

1. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I'm feeling very introspective

What inspires you to do what you know you should? In the dream sense. Like, I dunno, look for new and interesting music, write, or draw?

Hey, U Matt, wanna do a back and forth two parter? I need someone to kick my ass into gear. Competition and praise always get me going somewhat. Who knows, you'll prolly kick my ass.

2. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

DO IT!

Inspiration....hmmm, with music especially, I get bored with it and want to hear something new and different. I gotta keep my mind busy or I get all thoughtful and depressed.

3. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

Sorry man, I got 18 credit hours this semester and a full time POS job so I'll try to write when I can!

4. Resurrection_Joe

Anyone want to do a two parter with me? I know some of you can write, and do so well.

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

If I knew how to convey my thoughts onto the screen we'd all be in trouble...

6. Resurrection_Joe

Uhmmm, I think I've reached my Fumes saturation point for a while, thanks though...

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I'm not really a pun filled moron I just play one on the internet, oh no wait , yeah nevermind...

8. kick

kick 1/2 ton status

I'm a professional musician and have been since the age of 16. Had many ups and downs was in the service. Got a real job for 10-12 years (got hurt on the job). When the powers that be in the music industry decided that they didn't need a person playing the drums and drum machines would do the trick also when disco times were lean for me (a rocker).

Lived in NYC went to the New School took courses in creative writing, drama also wrote a few screen plays.

Drove a cab lived in crummy hotels (ever see the movie "Taxi Driver" ) a room like that.

Was a sinophile favorite author was Yukio Mishima - ever read any of his stuff. A zen practitioner. Took advantage of culture in Southeast Asia.

Basically you have to believe that what you are doing is good. Insulate yourself from all the s**t and criticism that they will throw your way. Look at artists like Gauguin and Van Gogh who continued on despite adversity and no financial rewards. You must also enjoy what you are doing.

He that walks in anothers footsteps leaves no trail. Got to make your own way build inner strength. And then again maybe I don't know anything.

9. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

... :screwy:

:haha: