Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another long weekend... another vid

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by white_knight, Aug 6, 2002.

1. white_knight

white_knight 1/2 ton status

As we drove out to Waiparous Friday evening, we watched snow covered cars coming from the direction we were heading towards. Sure enough, our final destination was snow covered in the middle of summer – ah yes, beautiful Alberta weather.

We camped with the CJA club from Aug. 2-5/02- thanks guys.

Saturday late morning we planned on doing a tame run as Jennifer , my 8 year old was dying to try her Honda 50cc on her first trail run. Ended up with about 8 trucks. Jennifer worked hard driving her Honda. It was slow , a couple of stucks, but it was fun .

Sunday’s run included Wolf359, Glen ,Brian B and Dave. Did the cut off from Meadow Creek. It’s actually a pretty good trail. Some good hills . It was good to watch everyone do the hills. Hopped in the Wolf with Tim, who baja’d or so it felt like through the whole trail in minutes. That was fun. We waited at the end for the rest of the trucks to catch up. Cody hopped on the back of the bumper of the Knight. You’re a hoot Cody.. I was told by the others that the Knight had some gnarly predicaments on the way. The rear end took a good 4-5 feet of air getting though the trail at least 3-4 times ( yes, the stiff suspension certainly makes for some interesting rides ) . Supposedly this was the closest it came to rolling and NO , I did not get any pics. I guess, we’ll have to try it again . When everyone met up, we continued on. The fog was super thick at this point. Wolf decided to play on an embankment so see how far off camber he could go. He went all the way…..all the way on his side. I handed the video camera over to Rob while I took some pics of Wolf and as you can see from the video, I walked right in front of the camera as he flopped. Arrggggg!! Not too much luck with pics and video this day. I guess Wolfy will also have to do it again . After that, Glen, well wanted a piece of it. With my son, Steven, in the passenger’s seat of Glen’s jeep, Glen started riding the embankment until.,……….he flopped it on it’s side. Steven jumped out and yelled, Yes, my first flop”. Too funny. We continued on to Scotty’s camp to wish him a big Congrats on his wedding.

The weather sucked……but we had a super time. Thanks to everyone and looking forward to the next trip.
    The wrap up vid

http://www.whiteknight.ca/AUGWRAP.wmv

:Lots more vids and pics at

http://www.whiteknight.ca/AUGLONG02WAIPAROUS.htm

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

awesome video /forums/images/icons/smile.gif i love the mudpit /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Ok .....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................That rocks ..Way cool man I wish I could have that mud here in the summer...LOL...mike /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

Yet another excellent vid!!!!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. tipoil

tipoil 1/2 ton status

LUV THE VIDS MANNNN!!!!!!keep them cumming!!!!

6. white_knight

Glad you guys like. It's fun to show the play time. We should see more /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

7. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

I'm impressed. What do you use to produce the clip like that with music? Very nice. My big wheeling weekend with my own truck (first time) is coming up in just a few weeks. So much work to do before then! And I have to admit I'm just slightly nervous about tipping it with my kids riding along. They will be strapped in pretty tight, for sure!

8. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

damn another sweet video. that looked like sooooo much fun. wish we had mud like that down here. we have sh!t here. its just plain out sh!t. lol. later.

jacob

9. white_knight

Used videowave 5. It's not hard /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

As for your kids.... as long as they're strapped in and you feel comfortable, you'll be fine. What ages??

On this last trip , I let my son ( he's 12 now) ride as passanger in the white jeep on the pics in that page. I knew the guy was going to flop it on it's side. I told my son to make sure he's strapped and to never stick his hand out. Sure enough it flopped. My son ( Steven) has been on many trips and actually jumped out and yelled "my first flop" with a huge smile. Listen, as long as you're comfortable , you're kids will be also. I also have an 8 eight old who started going wheeling with us when she was 3. She loves it !!!!

10. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Very slow on the reply here! I didn't even realize that you are a *mom* when I wrote. Cool! Thought you were a dad. My kids are 7, 5, and 2. Kinda wish I had harnesses for all 3! Just lap belts except the 2yo. Well, so much to do before the big weekend I hope we can pull it off in time!

11. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Great video, I always enjoy the footage. Can't tell you how many times I've played the end of your last one, jumping that car! Thanks for sharing!

12. white_knight