Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another Naysayer put to rest....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 4x4dreamer, Sep 23, 2002.

1. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

When I bought my truck, my wife went out and bought an econo box so that we would have something reliable when my truck broke down. For the past 3 months, she's done nothing but badmouth my truck for being a POS...well, Justice was served on Saturday night when her car broke down and she had to drive my truck to work. She got called a "redneck A$$hole buy some nimrod at WalMart...but it's been getting us around...reliably...all weekend. And the best part is...I'm taking My truck today, to go get the part to fix Her car..heh heh heh. Just thought I'd share that little pearl with you.
    /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    Eric

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I had the same thing happen with my wife when I first got my Jimmy. I had just started a new job so I had no vacation time but we had a campsite reserved for 2 weeks at our favorite place. We hooked the Jimmy up to the 21 foot trailer and my wife followed me up in her car. It's a 5 hour drive through the mountains and everything went just fine all the way there. I stayed for the weekend and then drove home alone so I could go to work during the week. I came back the following thursday night after work and enjoyed the rest of the holiday. On the drive home I had our daughter sleeping in my truck and my wife and her friend were following me. After a while I realized i hadn't seen them in my mirro's for a while so I pulled over and waited for about 10 minutes. When I still hadn't seen them I turned the whole deal around and drove back about 5 miles to see my wife's car on the side of the road with the hood up./forums/images/icons/smile.gif

We managed to get the car off to the side a little better and my wife and her friend jumped in the Jimmy. Drove home the rest of the way, disconnected the trailer and went and rented a car trailer. I then drove 3 hour back to where the car was and got it onto the trailer and dragged it home. The Jimmy never skipped a beat.
    The next morning my wife tells me how impressed she is with my Jimmy.../forums/images/icons/cool.gif and I've never heard her complain about it since!/forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Rene

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

The only time I've had to fix anything on the Blazer is becouse of mods like the lift I put in. Had to fix the driveshafts from being to short. Well, there was the U-joint I broke, but that was from playing too hard, Still got me home though.

4. 4x4dreamer

Just curious...are we supposed to be offended when someone calls us "rednecks"?

5. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

I'd consider that a compliment. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

6. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

it doesn't offend me at all /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

7. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

the more i drive around with the top off, the redder my neck gets. there must just be a lot of observant people around /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

8. 4x4dreamer

I leave the top on, but I don't have AC, so my left arm is getting kind of red...does that count?

9. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

Im a redneck and proud of it, i wouldnt have it any other way. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

My hair is too long to have a redneck, it covers the back of my neck just nicely.

11. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Redneck and DAMN proud of it! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Hell I get called a Redneck in the little hick town I live in! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif