Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another "new" truck in my driveway after 2 trades

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Nov 25, 2005.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Had a '70 K5...

Traded it off minus lift, axles and minus motor for a '56 Chevy pickup project...

now I got this in trade as a payment for the '56... well, I'm out 200 bucks too and got this '76 K20 truck, but at least I can part it out and get most of my money back that I was into the '70 K5. The motor gets a proper flywheel and swapped into another truck. Till then I'm sure everyone loves seeing it here.

BrutusTowing70K52.JPG

56pickup1.jpg

76K20parts1.JPG

76K20parts2.JPG

Last edited: Nov 25, 2005
  2. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Say Alan is it a safe guess that the people in your county courthouse know you on a first name basis and can recognize your voice on the phone as much as you are in there switching titles :p:

Nice K5 and 50s truck

3. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

They have a satellite office down the road from his home I've heard ;)

4. Grieby54

Grieby54 1/2 ton status

need any parts for the 56 pickup, give me a hollar and I'll send you in the right direction

5. mountainexplorer

The '56 pickup went straight from one guys house on my trailer to the other guy's place, and I just handed the title over. The '56 didn't even make it to my driveway when I moved it in June.

6. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

been busy huh??

Wow..2 more trucks,another motorhome,delivering parts on Thanksgiving day--guess you've been BUSY this week!.. :eek1: :laugh:

I'd love to have that 56!..I had a similar one, a 56 3200 series with a "long" stepside bed many years ago..(1978 to be exact)..I like the spare tire mount on yours,with the cutout in the rear fender for the tire!..nice turquoise blue too,my favorite color!..I assume its going to be transplanted onto a 4x4 chassis of later vintage?...

Is the first gen red K5 coming or going??--I think if I read right,you traded it towards the 56??...that was a nice looking K5..I had 3 in years past,that I wish I'd kept now,even if they would have been pretty rusty by now.. :doah: ... :(

I guess stuff doesn't rot as bad up your way--they must not salt the roads as much as they do here..either that or all the rain washes it off good enough so they don't rust that bad..I see some nice trucks online from Oregon and Montanna too...cant blame the snow for rust I guess.. :crazy:

7. mountainexplorer

Here's what happened with the 3 of them. I bought the '70 K5 for $1500 a year ago. A friend ended up giving $500 for the 6" spring lift, and I kept the axles and 350 motor. I traded off the remaining '70 K5 frame and body with tranny and T-case and title for the '56 Chevy shortbed stepside 2wd in pretty rough shape. I picked up the '56 and dropped it off to a guy who wanted it, and he just gave me a credit for parts. The '76 K20 came into his place as a complete runner, so I gave him $200 and took the '76 K20 and cleared what he owed me for the '56.

The '76 K20 has a good running 350, TH350, 203, 14-bolt and Dana 44 front with flattop knuckles. The '70 and the '56 are not mine anymore.

Not sure how to calculate what I'm into the '76... $200 plus whatever I was into the '56 pickup.

8. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Don't worry, I think a few of us can follow ya ;)

I managed to turn a flexplate, and power steering pump/bracket from a 454 into an almost-running rebuilt 350 via an old el camino :confused:

9. fireplug

fireplug 1/2 ton status

Am I the only one that would have gone the other way around? Looked like a pretty clean '70 (well from what we see up here for less then $10-15 000)

10. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

He got rid of the K5 with no axles or motor. I'd go with that for the pickup any day, keep a motor and axles, and get a running pickup to boot.

11. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

that looks like my dads backyard.except he has a cornacopia of vehicles. :haha: :haha:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2007
  12. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Did you get a new trailer?

:wink1:

13. mountainexplorer

No. I borrowed that red car trailer from the guy who got the lift off the Blazer. It's a nice one though, with a winch and everything. He doesn't loan it out to anyone usually.