Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another newbie question??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Blue84K10, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Blue84K10

Blue84K10 Registered Member

Well I haven't had the time or money to work on my truck for a minute due to some legal issues but now that those are on the back burner I would like to get on in the process of getting my truck back on the road. Need some help from you wonderful people though.

1. Unfortunatly my springs, axle and trasfer case were stored in my backyard exsposed to the elements. I was wondering what if any cleaner/solvent I should use to get them preped for the install.

2. I am switching from a 10 bolt to a 12 bolt rear end what problems should I be looking for?

3. Should I get a new bushing kit is it worth it?

4. I don't even know what type of transfer case I have it has C-11483 stamped on it with a "G 18 - 4" tiny plate attached and the A M 1 is stamped below the tab. It also has some plate attached to it (something to do with auto trans???)

Any info would be helpful Thanks again

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

1. Is it just external ? or were they open ?

External probably just a wire brush and some carb or brake cleaner .

2. You will probably need an adapter u-joint for the 12 bolt , I did , don't remember the number of the top of my head .

3. Your truck being an 84 k10 leads me to suspect np208 . I don't know the numbers though . Is your truck stock ?

3. Blue84K10

My truck is stock besides an ehgine and tranny swap. It has a 79 400ci motor with a four speed. It started as a V6-Auto, Stock everything else.

As a side note my buddy just called me and said that I could have his 84' 2wd Burb for free. All it needs is an alternator, but what I am really interested in is what parts I can use for my truck...Like doors and stuff

4. Blue84K10

Help

On my rear axle the mounts that attache it to the frame have been cut then rewelded two inches out on both sides ( I believe this was inorder to have it installed on a van ) Does anyone know of a cheap place near Seattle to have this done. I don't have any friends with the tools or knowhow (they are still playing with honda's and the sort) But anyways any info would help.

Also what is a shackle flip... I have read many posts about them and thought it would be more stupid not to ask

5. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

If you've got a 4speed manual you've prob got a NP205. On the burb every thing body, interior, gauges, should swap. Keep the 2wd steering box for crossover later :D .