Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

another night of wheeling...more breakage

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by supersize75k5, Mar 13, 2005.

1. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

four wheel parts brought in some good size boulders and rocks for customers to come play on,

well things were great and we are friends with a few of the guys who work there and we got to stay out there till almost midnight crawling on the rocks!!

mt 75 was lkickin ass and I was having a good time, well after i finally parked it we noticed it was puking it guts out the tranny, and I brocke the bell housing!

so it still drove so I played a little more ..then my steering knuckle and my steering arm decided that they didnt want to hang out anymore:whistle:

so we got a trailer, and towed it home with davids 1 ton duelly..the things tows like knowbody's business:waytogo:

so tomarrow "now today" I have to yank out the t-case and tranny, and rip the knuckle off the truck and fix the darn thing...

it really doesnt suck that bad since I have a t-350 tranny sitting here that I can use and I have the knuckle and steering arm as well..but damn...this hobby can get exspensive some times!

Just today my truck got all the front axel shafts replaced, plus the drive shaft got a new u-joint since I killed that as well, so after one day of wrenching, sunday seems like it will be a repeat of what today was:(

this is the joy of wheeling my daily driver...:doah:

I love my 75, but damn I really dont want to have to rip into it tommarow and since I already have the parts I really cant put it off..

its 3 am, and I am wide awake, and I need to leave the house in 24 hours to drive it to work on monday

I really need to finish the 71 so I can use it as my daily driver:1zhelp:

lets see if I pull this off and drive it on monday..I just hope that the tranny I throw in it works, just over a month ago I swapped in a tranny only to yank it right out since it only had reverse:screwy: :pimp: :dunno:

pics to come...:D

2. supersize75k5

tranny, drive shafts and new t-case are in, the knuckle is off just waiting to put the new one it...

6 hours to go untill I try to dive it to work,........:grin:

3. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

damn dude, i dont know how you guys do it. i mean its fun to work on my truck.. but i would hate to break stuff so often like every weekend..goodluck though!

4. supersize75k5

I dont mind breaking if I have the parts and it doesnt put others out, ans if the break was just an event and not caused by stupidity then what can ya do? It happens, I just like to go as much as I can.

SHES DONE THOUGH!

Well it just needs tranny fluid, but I decided I want to make sure everything is safe before I drive it anywhere..so I am just calling it a night...3 hours untill work:)

ill check it out tom and make sure she is in good shape, then give her hell again:saweet:

a few friends are going out thursday night so anything is possable if I decide to go:crazy:

now added to the spare parts to cary list..

steering arm,
    steering arm studs
    knuckle

also looks like I need to replace another tie rod now too..that sucks!:blush:

so in 2 months...

2 trannys
    3 tie rods
    1 38 inch tsl radial
    1 rag joint
    1 break line
    1 knuckle
    4 sheered steering box studs
    both front axel inners and outers
    1 front drive shaft u-joint
    1 cd player
    optima red top and a full tool box "stolen"
    and a holley that died finally

all in the name of fun right?? Well at least as things keep breaking I can do the repair or upgrade and slowly I should see less and less breakage...

on the bright side I am getting real quick at changing axel shafts :waytogo: