Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another NP-205 question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Z3PR, Jul 10, 2003.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Okay, I want too go NP-205. I currently have a TH350 / NP-203 combo. When I'm ready, should I get a NP-205 for the TH350, or do you think I'd be better off going TH400 as well ??? Keep in mind I'm not into rock crawling, so I don't need the ultra low crawl rate. I'm going too be mostly trails and some mudding, as well as driving on the freeway. I want a strong truck, and I want too keep it fairly easy too find parts for when I need too. Plus I hear the adaptor for the TH350 to NP-205 is expencive. What would you do too get that NP-205 and stay automadic transmission ??? (Note: I don't want too go sm465 at this time. I want too stay with a automadic transmission. Way too much stop and go traffic in town driving, and I just don't want too do all that shifting anymore.)

2. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

TH350 and 205 is not all that bad. And, at least all you need is the adapter, the output does not need to be changed. 400/205 is MUCH more expensive and hard to find. But, if you can find one for a good price, that would be my preference.