Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

another o2 sensor question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by k20, Feb 14, 2004.

1. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Hey all, next weekend when I take my truck to exhaust shop, i have been havin probs w/ burnin up o2 sensors cause it is in my reducer and very close to open air since i have open headers. If i just unplugged my o2 sensor and didnt install it in the header, what would the truck run like? I know it wouldnt adjust fuel mix, but is it going to freak it out and just dump gallons of gas into the cylinders? Thanks.

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

If you unplug the O2 sensor the ECM usually goes into bypass mode. Engine may run a little rough, loss of power, and fuel milage will fall off.

3. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

but its not gonna flood it out to where the engine wont run will it? I mean I wouldnt have it for a 3 mile trip to the shop, put it in after they finished and then come home

4. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

It probablly wouldnt run too good, the computer would think the engines cold, because it wouldnt go into closed loop.

5. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

No it wont hurt it for a short trip. Basicly the ECM just runs on a pre set progrem. It should get you the the muff shop and back fine with no flooding problems. You may get a CEL and code 61 or one on the other O2 codes.

6. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

thanks guys.

7. Jays Beast

Jays Beast 1/2 ton status

After I installed my headers I ran open headers and no o2 sensor for two days /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif with no problems just loud as hell /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif