Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

another one bits the dust, just another blown up 10 bolt!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bablazer73, Jan 22, 2003.

1. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

This is out of a friends plow truck.It's his front diff. [​IMG] I was hoping to save the 3.73 gears but allwell!!

2. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

I scraped the parts out of the first 10B rear I blew up with screwdriver.Called friend with wrecker to get home.Carrier was totally gone,nothing to hold axles in.Was ahead of 86 Trans Am{friend helped with rescue},35 Gumbos and snatching 2nd doesn't help 10Bs. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. steelsoldiers

steelsoldiers 1/2 ton status

I blew up my first 10-bolt in '95. I was out mudding and the Gov-loc gave up the ghost and took the spiders with it. Then I shredded a ring and pinion and '98 and '99 /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif. I also broke my front 10-bolt in half where the axle-tube meets the chunk. I hit a big rock-berg (2' up, 10' below) which bent the tie-rod into a U, broke the axle tube out, broke the axle, smashed the oil pan with the chunk, drove the drive shaft into the t-case which cracked a case half and smashed the tranny adapter into three pieces. It also bent my frame behind the steering box!! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Check out the carnage on my website! I am finally going to replace my POS 10-bolts with my 14-bolt/Dana 60 this winter. It takes some folks a while to give up the ghost! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Chris /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

The rock that did the damage:

[​IMG]