Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Another one of those days!!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Bigmeats, Aug 25, 2000.

1. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

Just need to vent again today!

I put on my new used doors today, went to adjust the striker and had to remove one of the 4 washers the previous owner put on and the strikerbolt nut droped down inside the pillar..@*&%$!!!!!! and a few other good words!
    I had to drill a good size hole in the pillar to retreive and replace the nut.
    That was an hour and a half of my life ill never get back.

Now that the doors are on i put my front clip on only to discover the the gap between the doors and the fenders suck!!
    I removed the bushings in the core support to see what the problem is, it droped the front down enough to make the gap better but now i dont have a clue what im gonna do. Cant go without the front bushings, cant live with the bad gap at the doors, cant deal with it any more today!! Ahhhh Tomorrow is another day!!! hope it goes better!!

Thanks for letting me vent i feel better now!!
    Bigmeats

Carl...75 Blazer...Manhattan IL

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I feel for you man!
    I'm having a well deserved beer on your behalf right now[​IMG]
    My Jimmy has been rolled and the body lines around the doors are WAY off![​IMG]I guess the cab is tweaked a little here and there. Oh well I never wanted a show truck anyways!

I thought the nuts behind the striker were 'captured' I know on mine when I removed the striker (after all the steel had cracked around it) the nut just sat there. It floats around in a little box on the backside.

Well hopefully you have more luck tomorrow![​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the reply.

the nut was sealed on three sides guess i found the side that was not :(

4. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Hey do what i do, leave the doors off!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Uhhhh what's the front cab suports look like? real prone to rusing out and letting the firewal drop down causing alingment problems on the fenders. Check the inner body suport that truns parrallel to the frame and see if it's rusted out. Infront of the rear wheels are 2 holes with plastic plugs. shine a light i one and look in the other and see what the back of the front cab suport looks like. Hit the link to my page for a good picture of how bad they rust out. I had to cut everything out from the tranny tunnel out to fix my 75. GM didn't even paint inside the rocker boxes.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/

6. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

I removed the front cab body bushing bolts tonight ill try to jack the front of the cab and put a few extra washers to shim it up and see if that helps.
    Thanks, Bigmeats