Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

another pic request (rims)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by cochino12, Mar 3, 2004.

1. cochino12

cochino12 1/2 ton status

Is anyone here running wheels other than the M/T, pro comp style wheel? I like them but the just seem to be an every 4wd I see now. I was told because of the 3" manual hub it's real hard to find a good looking wheel, is that true? This is the style I would like to stay away from

2. dhdescender

dhdescender 1/2 ton status

Qualicum Beach, British Columbia, Canada - Eh.
    Heres my hummer rims in comparison to my friends american racing rims with 35" BFG's.

[​IMG]

Heres the rim alone:

[​IMG]

They're simple, but they're badass and they work. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    You seem to show an interest in aluminum rims so here's some pics of my 16.5x14 weldracing scorpio V's. My 8 lug welds will fit over a 3" hub just fine. Weld has probably one of the best if not the best selection in sizes and bolt patterns but at an expensive cost.
    They are extremely strong, the strongest alum. on the market, and are very light vs. steel. I would stay away from rocks and trails with them though because they are too expensive to damage.

4. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    You seem to show an interest in aluminum rims so here's some pics of my 16.5x14 weldracing scorpio V's. My 8 lug welds will fit over a 3" hub just fine. Weld has probably one of the best if not the best selection in sizes and bolt patterns but at an expensive cost.
    They are extremely strong, the strongest alum. on the market, and are very light vs. steel. I would stay away from rocks and trails with them though because they are too expensive to damage.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always see that pic of them wide ass 14s and always ask myself why ? because I had the same wheels on my superdootie and they were just too damn wide.
    but ive seen you post up and you only run mud and sand so you want a good look. well atleast you bought the correct center caps.
    I hate it when people buy nice wheels and put the ugly cone center cap on.

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

6. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]

I always see that pic of them wide ass 14s and always ask myself why ? because I had the same wheels on my superdootie and they were just too damn wide.
    but ive seen you post up and you only run mud and sand so you want a good look. well atleast you bought the correct center caps.
    I hate it when people buy nice wheels and put the ugly cone center cap on.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Why? Because I like them and think they look really nice. I DD my truck and I am still young too so looks are pretty important on my daily driver. I love deep 14's, they just look so cool to me. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif I never air down in mud so that is not a big deal. If it was an offroad only rig I would run some cheapy rock crawlers. I love wide tires too.
    Oh, and I like my bullet caps too. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif